A Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Solstice, and/or simply Happy Merriment around your favorite winter traditions!
No matter what or how you celebrate, or even if you celebrate nothing at all, we hope that every single one of our followers takes a moment to do something nice for yourself and nice for someone else. Donate some of your time, make some yummy cookies, sit cozy by a fire, play in the snow, etc.
As an addendum, you may have noticed that we’ve dropped the queue down to three confessions a day. The admins have popped off to our various holiday festivities, but we didn’t want to leave anyone wanting. We’ll bump the queue back up after the 1st of the new year.
So please everyone have a very merry end of the year, stay safe, and have fun!
Concerning the exo magical weapons what about kris, Tao, and Luhan?
Luhan: In Camp Half-Blood it is agreed that out of all the children of Aphrodite, Luhan’s weapon is the most unorthodox. His mother gifted him with a special seashell that at first Luhan had no idea what to do with. As time went on Luhan came to discover that when he opened that seashell, an object would appear in it. Objects that have come from the seashell include, a golden apple, a small dagger, a pearl necklace. It’s hard to know what will come out when Luhan opens the seashell, but no matter the object Luhan always finds a way to use it to his advantage when he finds himself on a quest or in dangerous situations.
Kris: Since Yifan is a son of Zeus, he requires a remarkable weapon to live up to his father’s expectations. Although it may not look like much, Yifan’s ring can transform into a spear of celestial bronze that only a child of Zeus can yield (and Yifan has definitely caught Jungkook trying to use that spear). Yifan’s striking spear can create lightning bolts, which like his father, Yifan uses to strike his enemies with.
Tao: Unlike his other siblings Tao opted for a more simple weapon, which had slightly disappointed his father, Ares. Tao’s weapon of choice is a staff made of celestial bronze and although this weapon might seem simple, it is capable of a lot of damage since Tao is skilled in martial arts. When his staff is not in use, it takes on the form of a necklace.
Are Louisiana creoles a different race than Haitians? I know our black ancestry comes from Haiti but us being a ethnically mixed group has raised a lot of questions on whether we are black or not.
The question of Louisiana Creole identity and history is a complex one and should not be viewed solely as one of Haitian descent. While many can trace part of their origins back to Saint Domingue or Haiti, Louisiana Creole is a specific identity linked to Louisiana and their “black ancestry” likewise reflects non-Saint Domingue origins. Gwendolyn Midlo Hall, for example, has written about the slave trade and the ethnic origins of blacks in Louisiana. Although many Louisiana Creoles maintained links or ties to Haiti, their “black” ancestry was never solely derived from Saint Domingue. I hope that answers your question.
Hi, I'm so happy you guys are organizing this! Just a thought, maybe one month is too little time for a bb? (at least in my case, this is my opinion here) Especially for people whose first language isn't English. And because it overlaps with finals! (oh no) I understand you won't change it now, but just an idea :)
It is true that the month can be a little tough, but keep in mind that you can start already! The 2nd of April is the “official” starting day, but you can already start drafting and writing your fic! We are not standing behind your shoulder, looking at what you do in your free time ;D
It is perfectly possible to write 15k words in a month, even though you’re not a native speaker (this is admin CJD speaking from first-person experience). It is difficult, but here are a few tips that might help you get started, and that I use frequently:
Write every day: I cannot emphasise this enough. Writing every day is what will bring you to victory, eventually
Put up a nice playlist of instrumental music: Having lyrics in the music can really mess up your concentration, even if it doesn’t feel like it. I’ve found out that weirdly enough, I write fastest with electronic instrumental music that is repetitive and kinda boring. I once had one 3-minute song accidentally on repeat and it took me an hour to notice, ‘cos I was so into my story. Use Spotify’s excellent playlist catalogue!
When you’re stuck, snack: Yes. Eating while writing is an excellent way of boosting your creativity. How? I don’t know. Whenever I do a longer writing session, I have a bunch of grapes or raisins next to me and then I just slowly chew them while writing.
When you’re really stuck, jump forward: Take up another point in the plot that you know is coming, and start writing it. It doesn’t matter what you write, if you write!
When you’re really, REALLY stuck, just write: It doesn’t matter if the outcome is totally rubbish. Write. Even though you’d only get 20 words on the page, it’s still 20 words closer to the goal.
When you’re EXTREMELY stuck, eat ice cream: My best tip. If it just doesn’t work, no matter what, leave it for an hour or two, do something fun, and then come back later. Just remember to actually come back!
Get a good writing program: I, myself, use Libreoffice, which is like Word, but free. You can also change the background colour of the program, and I have set it to pitch black. Somehow it helps me keep my eyes on the text.
Use Coldturkey:Distraction-free writing is absolutely necessary. Coldturkey blocks certain internet pages (like Tumblr) for a certain moment of time, and that way you just have to write. Can’t get lost on Gordon Ramsay videos on Youtube with that, sorry.
Use the Pomodoro-technique: Write for 25 minutes, take a small pause, then do another 25 minutes. Do 4 rounds and then take a longer pause. In this way you will be much more efficient, believe me!
My final tip is to use an app called Writeometer. It is an excellent app that helped me write 50 000 words in a month. You can set up a wordcount you are aiming for, and the app counts the amount of words you have to write per day. You can also use a built-in timer that is just great for using the Pomodoro-technique. It also has a built-in dictionary and thesaurus.
So, for examply, if you start writing now, to reach 15k words by 7 May, you only have to write 300 words a day. Not too hard, right? So just write every day.
Hopefully we’ll see your writing in May! And good luck with finals!
OKAY SO HERE WE GO HERE’s WHAT I THINK OF ALL THE MEMBERS AND THE TYPES OF PEOPLE THEY WOULD BE GOOD WITH
1. Cha leader: not to be weird but hakyeon and i have a lot in common, so this is one i think about a lot because he’s the youngest of his family (like me) but also the oldest in his group (like I am the 2nd oldest at work) and because of that dynamic he is very good at caring for people but also really, really, REALLY needs to be babied sometimes. He works so frickin hard to make sure that everything goes the way it should and everyone always says that the rules don’t apply to the youngest in a group of siblings, but Hakyeon is the type of man who would follow the rules even if he was explicitly told he was exempt from them. He would need a lover who’s good at keeping him grounded but isn’t so needy and clingy all the time, otherwise i think he’d get depressed because he would give and give and give and blame himself if he was unhappy. He needs someone who can give as good as they get, who can keep him in line when he gets overwhelmed but also send him cute little gifts out of the blue just because he needs to be reminded that he’s important, too.
2. Jung Taekwoon: I honestly think Taekwoon is the kind of guy that would give and give and give and give and honestly never expect anything in return except mild affection. HE REALLY SEEMS JUST LIKE A CAT TO ME honestly i think Taekwoon would secretly spoil his partner rotten whenever he got the chance, and would want nothing more than to lay his head on your lap and sit in a comfortable silence with you while you read him a book and play with his hair. he wouldn’t like to do a lot of touching in public but i bet he’d be super cuddly in private. He’s a total fuckin’ baby behind closed doors, always wants to touch (even if it’s just hand holding) but never initiates anything or takes the first step unless he’s 500% positive that it’s what his partner wants because his literal worst fear is rejection/humiliation.
3. FRICKIN LEE JAEHWAN. Jaehwan is so-he’s just-UGH. What he needs is someone older slightly than him who is also extremely cute (but could also really fuck ur shit up) who loves it when he does cute stuff and always wants him to smile so they’re constantly just being cute with each other all the time and like playfully flirting with each other and all their friends to make each other secretly jealous but not in a bad way-just a way that makes them both hold on a little tighter when they go to sleep at night ;_; HE WOULD KISS YOU LIKE YOU WERE THE ONLY SOURCE OF AIR ON THIS PLANET and i also think he’s secretly sort of kinky and a little dirty????? like raunchy in the bedroom IDK I BET HE WOULD SAY SOME REAL DANK SHIT TO HIS PARTNER WHILE THEY WERE GETTING IT ON x_x
4. Kim flippin Wonshik. Wonshik needs to feel very important all the time and his way of doing that is to spoil his partners rotten, like, r o t t e n. He would be the one to whine if you didn’t call him before bed every night and he’d be the sappy romantic sort who would propose on a romantic cruise or something xD He just wants to take care of his partner, pamper them and work really hard to give them everything he can. He’s the kind of guy that would want to do well enough in life that his spouse wouldn’t HAVE to work, even if they chose to, because for him i think that stability is really important and that’s how he measures his success in life-by how well and fully he can support his family. he’s a total romantic sap he probably cried after he had sex the first time but like….privately, when he was next by himself.
5. Lee Hongbinshark. THE ONE WITH MANY POINTY TEETH, YES, AHA. I think he’s actually really masculine despite his pretty face and because of that he’d want to fit into a really masculine role in a relationship-maybe not all the time, because i’m sure he’d like to mix it up, but I think he would do well with a person who, like Hakyeon, could give as well get and is maybe a little more okay with being seen as a typical, beautiful couple but then like…. MAYBE HE rEALLY WANTS TO MIX IT UP AND HE SEEMS TO REALLY LIKE HAVING HIS HAIR PULLED SO MAYBE HE ALSO NEEDS SOMEONE WHO’S HELLA BEAUTIFUL AND FEMININE AND WANTS TO BE PAMPERED IN A RELATIONSHIP BUT THEN WHEN IT COMES TO SEX IS LIKE. A TOTAL. JUST. OWNS HIm. -panics bc this is an unpopular opinion-
6. HAN SANGHYUK. Yo Hyuk is such a fucking MAN like he can be all cute and shit but at the end of the day it’s because he honestly doesn’t care what other people think about him he literally does. not. care. about anyone else’s opinion and he’d fit well with someone who needed to be cared for and tbh i think because he’s the youngest he’s really eager to prove himself and demonstrate all the ways he’s grown up like he’s gonna be pickin’ you up for dinner and dropping you off with a cute little kiss before midnight on your first date and he’s gonna do shit RIGHT just to prove that he CAN because he is a total MAN!HYUK
Hi I was wondering I want to get into the bts fandom but idk how so can you help me? Like what do I do?
My friend, you have come to the right place. First off, a couple sentences about each member.
Jin (Seokjin): Handsome and beautiful at the same time. Biggest fan of BTS. The mom of the group. Do you know annyeonghaseo?
Suga (Yoongi): Might look grumpy, but he’s really caring and sweet to his members. Likes to sleep. Music genius.
J-Hope (Hoseok): He is everyone’s hope. Super talented and everyone needs to stan J-hope. Really, really, really good at dancing. Smile that lights up your world.
Rap Monster (Namjoon): The strong leader of BTS. Cute dimples. Is really thoughtful, in the self-reflection and philosophical sense. Deeper than the Mariana Trench.
Jimin: The purest, cutest, and most amazing person to walk this earth. His smiles are the equivalent to sunlight. His smile could replace sunlight with photosynthesis. Amazing thighs. Can you tell he’s my bias?
V (Taehyung): Is everyone’s favorite even if he isn’t your favorite. Amazing vocals that you wouldn’t expect to come from such a squish. Also Tae Tae in a headband cleared my acne and cleansed my soul.
Jungkook: International play boy. When he’s not being a playboy he’s Jungshook. Tbh he can’t even look girls in the eyes. There isn’t anything he can’t do. Meme.
Personal favorite MVs:
I Need U (this MV is the first of their Young Forever series)
Dope (this one got me curious about BTS. Also my gangster fic takes elements from this MV)
What you should say: Are you sure you want to do this? It will take over your life and take all your money. You will lose sleep and friends. You will end up having more biases then friends. Do you really want that in your life?
What you actually say: You’ll love it! The music is great! Check it out!
Headcanon that Iwaizumi always takes pictures of you when you’re not looking. He dislikes taking selfies altogether and being in pictures in general. But although he’s not much of a photographer, he figures if you’re the subject of the photo, it comes out lovely anyways. He has way too many pictures of you when you’re unaware that he’s looking. Some are comical, like when you’re ravenous from lack of food and are gobbling down the meat buns. Others are cute like when you’re sleeping curled up in his room after storming his house (and consequently kicking Oikawa out in which he almost cries from being so proud of you). Either way, if you accidently look at his phone there will be a picture of you as his background, one that you dont remember taking. A beautiful picture, usually of you in deep thought, with unkempt hair, a light smile and a distant expression—a picture that he often turns on his phone to see when he misses you. Which is basically every hour.
Although Iwaizumi has trouble voicing his feelings, there isn’t a moment he’s not thinking of you. Without a doubt, he’s paying attention even when you think he’s not.
This is my role on the blog (in case you didn’t remember): Admin Chan will be writing fluff scenarios, bulletpoints for dating or friends, asks about who would date you and why (ships), cute dating advice, send me the funny asks about anything yes yes (Admin C for short)
I am a writer on wattpad too (you can ask me for it)
I only stan two groups: bts and nct but I’m trying to get into new ones
but bts and nct aren’t the only groups I listen to