So stupid question, with McCall not being the one who killed the chemist and stiles possibly make the gun backfire, why was there a flash of light? Was that the backfire?
This is not a stupid question at all :) The gun was fired, the chemist probably pulled the trigger, but the bullet never entered Stiles’ head. I’m not sure we can say it backfired exactly. Everything that happens indicates that Stiles should have been hit by the bullet - but instead it ended up lodged in the forehead of his assailant. So clearly some supernatural mojo at play here, coming from stiles.
For those wondering what this is all about i’m just gonna put in some links here first:
- Original meta - Stiles is something - or how agent McCall totally didn’t kill the chemist
- Why it was the Agent’s gun going into the evidence part 1
- Why it was the Agent’s gun going into the evidence part 2
I have picked apart the guns but i haven’t really gone into detail about the flash of light before, so i’m going to take the opportunity to do that now.
You can clearly see the gun recoil while simultaneously emitting a flash of light the completely lights up STILES’ face. According to wikipedia: (though if someone can find a more credible source that would be great!)
Muzzle flash is what happens when a gun is fired.
If the shot came from behind them, it’s likely we wouldn’t see it at all given the camera angles.
So, if we combine the new evidence of:
- a muzzle flash emitting from The Chemists gun
- the kickback action of the gun
with the old evidence of:
- the fact that The Chemist is knocked back by the shot
- the wound on his forehead is a small ENTRY wound with a dark stippling pattern and not an EXIT wound which would be blown out
- the wound on his forehead is in the exact same place he was pressing the gun to Stiles forehead
The Chemist absolutely, 100% fired his gun, point blank, at Stiles forehead… and shot himself.
I’ve also theorized later that this extreme reaction was because Stiles’ Third eye was threatened. Notice how the gun is pointed straight at the place such a thing would be - ref the creepy Valack Deaton visited at Eichen House. Read about that here.