Hey, so I’m sure y'all know the deal with Owl City now because Fireflies has become a huge meme. I feel the need to make this post because some nasty haters have popped up about the creator. Here are a few fun facts about Owl City:
- Owl city is not a band. It is one guy named Adam Young creating every song. He occasionally collaborates with singers,but creates all his own music.
- He has released several full length albums and multiple singles. Movies like Wreck it Ralph and the Croods feature original Owl City songs.
- This guy is all about positivity. Most of his music has a bouncy, happy mood to it.
- He is a very devout Christian and has many beautiful songs about his faith. Some are covers, some are original.
- Basically the sweetest person alive? He wrote a song for his dad on Father’s Day, has collaborated with a charity to feed the poor (Here’s Hope was written for this) and runs a twitter account of random movie quotes and funny thoughts.
- His music is beautiful and uplifting. He puts so much work into it and overcomes social anxiety to perform it live.
- He has a form of autism and is an insomniac.
- In 2016 he created 12 original albums of instrumental music that focused on different historical events. All of them are available for free download from his website ayoungscores.com. 12 albums for free!
Please respect this guy beyond just the Fireflies song. He does his best to be a good example and a representative of his beliefs.
Who was Adam Young’s infernal mother???? Like was there some demoness who got a really important job or did Satan go to some random human woman like “hey wanna be the evil Mother Mary?”?? Or did he create Adam by like….budding or something?
i get that “fireflies” is the current fun meme, but for those who were too young to know at the time it came out, adam young is a “gays-will-burn-in-hell-and-i-don’t-want-them-to-listen-to-my-music” homophobe (on his myspace; I’m trying to find the screenshots but it’s been like 10 years) who believes rape doesn’t exist and that women’s sole purpose is procreation
his gross ass doesn’t deserve a meme is what i’m saying
reminders of his existence make me kinda nauseous
edit: holy shit and i forgot “fireflies” is a dr. l*ke song too this is a garbage fire on every level
I have a bit of a problem falling asleep. Strangely enough it is when I can’t sleep that I tend to find most inspiration. I was up late and in the basement one night when I wrote ‘Fireflies’. I was sitting at the keyboard just fooling around, not really trying to write anything. Over the next couple of hours that song came together in the most natural way. I can’t explain it but it almost wrote itself. I didn’t have any idea that moment that I had written a hit. — Adam Young
Fireflies || Owl City
Congrats, Adam! Fireflies has over 200 million views on YouTube! [x]