- James Madison “accidentally” buys prostitutes for foreign ambassadors
- Jefferson eating a tomato like an apple at a dinner and everyone rushing off to find a doctor because Americans thought tomatoes were poisonous
- Washington and Lafayette falling asleep under a tree after Monmouth
- Washington cursing out Charles Lee after his retreat
- James Armistead Lafayette, who was a badass spy during the revolution and gave Lafayette vital information which led to the victory at Yorktown. Lafayette freed him and James was so grateful he took Lafayette’s last name
- Lafayette being given an alligator as a gift and, not knowing what to do with it, regifting it to John Quincy Adams
- the Constitutional Convention going out and getting turnt two days before the signing of the Constitution, and some of the additional charges being a broken chair, cups, and chamber pots
- John Hancock being smol
- Alexander Hamilton’s argument against hanging John Andrè basically being “he’s too pretty”
- Aaron Burr sleeping through Valentine’s Day
- Lafayette naming his ONLY son after George Washington
- Ben Franklin and John Adams once having to share a room with one bed and falling asleep arguing whether or not they should sleep with the window open or closed
- Ben Franklin taking “air baths” which consisted of him sitting naked in a bathtub for hours a day
- Aaron Burr having a knife hidden in the handle of his umbrella, and then LOSING said umbrella
- John Adams’ kid Charles once ran naked across Harvard Yard
- Alexander Hamilton losing his check book and having to write the bank of New York for a new one, while also requesting his account balance which he didn’t know, which he wrote in the check book, which he lost
- Aaron Burr hitting his head on the same pipe twice jfc he’s such a mess
- Thomas Jefferson getting a terrible headache for two days after behaving awkwardly in front of a girl
- John Adams naming his dog Satan
- Alexander Hamilton’s letters to his totally hetero bro™ John Laurens being censored by his descendants
- George Washington running for the House of Burgesses and getting his constituents totally smashed so they would vote for him
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN AND JOHN ADAMS ONCE HAD TO SHARE A BED IN A CROWDED INN, AND SPENT A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF TIME ARGUING OVER WHETHER OR NOT THE WINDOW SHOULD REMAIN OPEN DURING THE NIGHT, AND WHETHER AN OPEN WINDOW WAS A HEALTHIER WAY TO SLEEP OR A SUREFIRE WAY TO GET SICK.
Things I want from The Raven Cycle on screen include but are not limited to~
Wardrobe Department don’t let me down (Blue with approximately 153 clips in her hair and outfits that look like she sewed together a full shopping cart’s worth of craft supplies, Gansey in his chartreuse and his boat shoes, most importantly, in AT LEAST one scene Adam has to wear his Coca-Cola shirt and cargo pants he should actually wear them every scene he’s not at school or at an important event boy don’t got money to waste on his casual clothes)
I swear I swear I’m not just being thirsty but I feel like the actor who plays Ronan Lynch has to take off his shirt a lot for Maximum Badass Back Tattoo Exposure
Badass soundtrack (fun fact I don’t listen to EDM I’m not at all familiar with it when they mention it in the books my brain fills in ‘Another Night Another Dream’ no one and nothing can take this from me)
Please please please let the casting directors take the Lynch family resemblance seriously
Let !!! Ronan!!! Lynch!!! Curse !!!
EARLY PHASES OF PYNCH !!!!!!!!! (ridiculous bickering, Gansey in the background just ‘children please can’t we all get along’)
(please please please a minimum of one dream sequence where Dream!Ronan is trying to chat up Dream!Adam pleaseeeeeee)
aCTUAL SCeNeS OF RONAN SLeePiNG OvER AT St. AgNeS !!!!!!!
The Barnes just being magical as fuck (I was kinda bummed in the books that we didn’t get Ronan and Adam exploring the Barnes and having an amazing time. If I ever actually got my lazy ass around to writing a fic I’d want to have Ronan showing Adam around and always being like ‘I haven’t shown you the best part yet’ even though Adam has been there a shitton of times and Ronan has said that every time. Cuz the Barnes should have eVERYTHING right? A bunch of magical rivers that are basically like your own waterpark. A badass rope obstacle course high up in the trees. Wild unicorns.)
okay but can u imagine ronan waking up to a bouquet delivery service making its way down the Barns' mile-long driveway. ronan thinks its adam and gets all excited, and his expression dips into anger/disappointment when its not. "who the hell are you?" "your house is goddamn impossible to find, did you know that?" says flower guy. "google maps was no help. had to call the sender to give me directions over the phone." which does not explain who the hell he is at all "sender??" ronan asks (1)
“right right gimmee a sec” flower guy says, sliding open his back door and rummaging among like A BILLION bouquets and ronan is already combusting bc shit shit shit parrish got him FLOWERS what a sappy piece of shit and the flower guy pulls out a beautifully wrapped bouquet and when ronan looks down in the wrapping its almost all green. there’s moss and small knotted twigs and braided strands of grass and ferns and the only real flowers are a single pink rose and some puffs of baby’s breath and the entire bouquet screams CABESWATER which is the closest way adam parrish would have to say LOVE and ronan is reeling and his heart is pounding and the flower guy’s like “yeah this is definitely the weirdest bouquet ive delivered all day” and then continues to stand there like waiting for ronan to give him a tip or smthing and so ronan (still in a daze) reaches into his wallet and pulls out a random bill (probably like a 50, that rich asshole) and chucks it at the guy and then ronan says something like “get your fucking phone updated” and practically runs inside bc his face is burning. he’s gotta go dream up a vase to put this tiny ecosystem in and then think of the perfect valentine’s day gift for adam, now.
hey so I’ve got an idea to help revive the adam driver tag and push out the nonsense that’s taking over it
of course, I need a lot of people to help contribute and do the thing but next month (july duh) I was thinkin we do some sort of “adam driver appreciation” thing where every day is a new theme that people can contribute with pictures/gifs of him and his characters and make it like a “31 days of adam driver” kind of thing
pls tell me what u guys think bc I really wanna spread the word and help bring back the adam driver tag to be the ADAM DRIVER tag once again, okay, thanks for your time !!
barn mates au where peridot damn near forgot lapis existed and doesnt actually wanna share the barn either. steven is the one thats most adamant about them sharing the space and it ends with peri and lapis chewing steven out about respecting boundaries and lapis decides to travel the world and develop herself outside of fusion
Nigel said it as an afterthought as he watched Adam eat chocolate carrots naked in bed while he tied off the condom.
“I wouldn’t wear these things at all if I didn’t have to.”
Adam tensed and stopped eating, his cheeks flushed from their excursions.
He sighed and kissed Adam softly.
“Don’t apologize, Bunny. Just not exactly wanting kids right now and I desperately want you. I’ll survive.”
Adam had settled against him still somewhat tense but Nigel felt him relax when they were skin to skin. He buried his nose into Adam’s neck and fell asleep.
He didn’t think anything of it and life went on.
The first time it happened was unexpected.
Nigel had decided to bring home Easter shit: chocolate carrots, plastic eggs, and a fucking Happy Easter sign for his door. They were mates now, yes, but not officially moved in entirely much to Nigel’s worry. Adam spent most nights at his place, in his bed, but they would go to Adam’s as well.
He had anticipated Easter time for a number of reasons:
One, he could start buying up all the chocolate carrots so the idea of Greg would fade. Though really Greg barely spoke to Adam now and didn’t work on days Adam did.
Two, he could buy cute bunny things and stick them all over his place so Adam would feel more at home.
Three, he had an excuse for the bunny ears.
The ears were a gag from Darko, punishment for the still delayed meeting of his mate and best friend.
“You wanna keep him hidden in your place and his burrow? Here then. Be a bunny wolf.”
Nigel had sneered and put them on, wore them all day while he worked and pretended to ignore the stares.
But now he was headed home, phone in hand as he walked out of the bar.
Adam answered on the first ring.
His voice sounded strange, an odd mix of flat and fearful. “You all right, bunny? Feeling ill?”
Adam was quiet for a moment before he answered.
“I don’t think I’m coming over today.”
The words made Nigel freeze up, worry and rejection suddenly at the forefront of his mind.
“You’re not feeling well?”
Adam paused. “No.”
“I brought you chocolate carrots and–”
“I have to go.”
Adam hung up and Nigel stared at his phone. He shook himself and tried not to panic. They were mates, this wasn’t a rejection just time alone. Adam needed that sometimes.
The rest of the night he spent trying not to go to Adam’s door and beg to be let inside. He ate the melted carrots and watched some fucking bunny movie on the TV.
He’d give it a day.
Two weeks passed before Nigel decided to break into Adam’s place.
“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth
and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for
a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall.
Think of it–always.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Adam Martinakis The Inevitability of Time - Despair ~ George RedHawk PhotoAnimation