mythbusters season 1:
can you get rid of skunk smell with tomato juice?
mythbusters season 14:
can jamie fucking obliterate adam with a death ray while riding on a one-wheeled motorcycle going 90mph in the middle of a busy highway with a spark plug in his ass and a large explosion following close behind him?
The Mythbusters tested what would happen if a ball was shot at 60 mph off the back of a truck travelling at 60 mph to see what would happen.
It became a perfect example of the relative nature of physics - showing that velocity can vectorially add together. 60 mph in one direction cancels the 60 mph in the other, meaning a net velocity of zero.
If anyone’s ever asking you about what cosplay is or why it’s so important to some people; send them this video. Mythbusters’ producer Adam Savage expresses his love for cosplay and what is so wonderful about it.
Adam Savage is someone we both greatly respect. The work and passion he puts into all of his costumes and props is incredible and it’s so wonderful he’s willing to share that passion with everyone. This is a great talk that goes into the personal enjoyments of creating and his personal rules for how to succeed.
1. Get good at something. Really good. Get good at as many things as you can. Being good at one thing makes it easier to get good at other things.
2. Getting good at stuff takes practice. It takes lots of practice.
3. Get OBSESSED. Everyone at the top of their field is obsessed with what they’re doing.
4. Doing something well and thoroughly is its OWN reward.
5. Show and Tell. If you do something well and you’re happy with it, for FSM’s sake, tell EVERYONE.
6. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING, ASK. If something piques your interest, tell someone, if you want to learn something, ask someone, like your BOSS. As an employer I can tell you, people who want to learn new skills are people I want to keep employed.
7. Have GOALS. Make up goals. Set goals. Regularly assess where you are and where you want to be in terms of them. This is a kind of prayer that works, and works well. Allow for the fact that things will NEVER turn out like you think they will, and you must be prepared to end up miles from where you intended.
8. BE NICE. TO EVERYONE. Life is way too short to be an asshole. If you are an asshole, apologize.
9. FAIL. You will fail. It’s one of our jobs in life. Keep failing. When you fail, admit it. When you don’t, don’t get cocky. ‘Cause you’re just about to fail again.
10. WORK YOUR ASS OFF. Work like your life depends on it…