Who hogs the duvet
- Mercy since she likes to be warm and cuddly. Genji is too nice to even have any resistance to it. Hell, he would even purposefully wrap it all around her like a blanket burrito just to see her all cute and happy.
Who texts/rings to check how the other’s day is going
- Genji because unfortunately, Mercy is a bit too busy to remember to call all the time. He’d try to keep track of her schedule/breaks though.
Who’s the most creative when it comes to gifts
- Genji. He didn’t have that many girlfriends in the past without knowing all sorts of tricks and ways to win their hearts.
Who gets up first in the morning
- Being a doctor definitely, makes Mercy wake up earlier. As for Genji, well he might not need sleep but he probably wouldn’t want to get out of bed instead of cuddling his angel.
Who suggests new things in bed
- See “gifts.”
Who cries at movies
- Neither of them actually. I don’t think they’re the type to cry at movies. They’ve seen things.
Who gives unprompted massages
- Genji because Mercy would often work too hard and focus too much so she might get aches and back pain otherwise.
Who fusses over the other when they’re sick
- Mercy because she’s worried about how a cyborg could get sick (plus then both her lover’s and doctor’s instinct both kick in). When she’s sick though, Genji ends up having to fuss over her in return because she thinks she’s fine since she’s a doctor.
Who gets jealous easiest
- Probably Mercy though not too much. Genji was a playboy after all and is still quite attractive.
Who has the most embarrassing taste in music
- Probably Mercy, whatever her tastes may be (perhaps native songs or relaxing classical music). It’s not the music itself but more that she hums or sings along to them at times without realizing it (though Genji loves it of course).
- Well, Genji has his weeb music but he’s proud of it.
Who collects something unusual
- Genji. For a man who climbs up buildings and wanders all over the place (old habits die hard I guess), he’s bound to find something strange now and then.
Who takes the longest to get ready
- Mercy because she gotta make sure she looks good. Genji, well that t-shirt seems to fit him and not dirty so it seems fine.
Who is the tidiest and most organized
- Mercy because she’s used to working in her lab (though her lab itself is sometimes a bit messy).
- Genji has his clean habits from back in Japan too, but not his top priority nor did he really have things that he absolutely had to keep track of. As long as he knew where his stuff was in the mess, it was fine.
Who gets most excited about the holidays
- Mercy because she wants to make good memories with Genji plus she’s always excited over decorations and festivities (especially when it involved others too).
Who is the big spoon/little spoon
- Genji likes to be the big spoon because then he can feel Mercy being all cute and nuzzly against his chest. Plus who would pass up the chance to give that adorable angel headpats?
Who gets most competitive when playing games and/or sports
- Genji has his passion and pride in video gaming. He gives her some mercy at times but still tries to win since he didn’t want to seem like he was going easy on her.
- On the other hand, Mercy is trying pretty hard too. Something tells me that she gets really competitive with tennis despite Genji having reflexes that make it unfairly hard to beat him.
Who starts the most arguments
- Neither of them really argue, Mercy is good at communication and keeping in control while Genji has learned a lot through his time with Zenyatta. If anything, Mercy might get stressed occasionally and snap at him, though she’d apologize soon after.
Who suggests that they buy a pet
- Genji wants a cat. And a sparrow. And maybe a bunny too. Plus he already has a pet dragon.
What couple traditions they have
- First one who wakes up has to wake up the other one with a kiss and breakfast (which encourages Genji to get up early sometimes [see getting up]).
What tv shows they watch together
- Grey’s Anatomy because Genji is amused by Mercy fussing over medical things and making commentary about things. Other times they watch Korean/Japanese dramas (especially romance ones).
- Disney movies too, since Genji like to see Mercy get so involved when her eyes light up at certain scenes and especially when she sings along so adorably (thanks for the idea @cyborgninjacarrot).
What other couples they hang out with how they spend time together as a couple
- Lucio and D.va for fun! Ah, youth …
- McCree and Hanzo to keep an eye on them and for more interesting life chats. That and to make sure they don’t kill anyone (including themselves) by drinking too much.
Who made the first move
- Genji because he sure knows how to ask a girl out. Mercy would probably feel too conflicted and shy about approaching him. That being said, it would be a while before Genji got his courage back and the confidence to do so.
Who brings flowers home
- Genji since he walks through town a lot and sees pretty flowers that might remind him of Mercy. That being said, she might buy them occasionally especially if she came home late or wanted a small gift to surprise him.
Who is the best cook
- Genji. See “gifts.” Plus with that skill with his sword, I’m sure he’d make a great sushi chef.
Tell me if you want to see more like this in the future!