waverly earp discovers her power to rewind time after watching the new officer nicole haught get shot in front of her eyes. she keeps having visions of a tornado wiping out purgatory. while trying to figure out what it all means she gets closer to the officer, but nicole keeps getting into danger and waverly keeps rewinding time to save her. that is until she finally realizes that there are really only two choices:
“Going through different phases is one of my favorite things about fashion. I love how it can mark the passage of time. It’s similar to my songs in that way—it all helps identify where I was at in different points of my life.” — @taylorswift for Vogue, May 2016
1) They move in together pretty quickly once they figure out they need to go to Muugan. Neither of them live in that part of the city so they figure - as partners - it makes a certain amount of sense to live together. And LIVING TOGETHER IS HELL ON MICHIRU. Like she thought she liked Haruka before but every day now is a testament of strength and endurance and oh my gods how is she this hot what
2) Michiru is astounded how much sugar Haruka consumes on a daily basis. Whether it’s those weird sugary cereals her uncle sends her from America, or the fact that she takes coffee with her sugar, or late night treats, Michiru’s convinced Haruka’s going to rot her teeth out of her skull before the Silence comes around. Haruka meanwhile is completely baffled on how fucking little Michiru eats period and makes it her personal mission to find things Michiru likes to eat. Breakfast is still a no go but dinners at least, slow though they might be, are at least fruitful and that’s all Haruka asks for.
3) Michiru having nightmares is pretty firmly canon I think or at least really firmly accepted fanon, but pretty quickly after they move in together Haruka notices Michiru doesn’t sleep a whole lot. And after a few nights of Michiru waking up screaming and Haruka running in half asleep they figure maybe? Maybe she won’t dream as much if she has someone with her. But Haruka refuses to sleep in the same bed so for a week or so Haruka sleeps on the floor next to Michiru’s bed, gradually getting closer and closer until finally they’re basically sharing a bed.
4) They do nightly patrols. Haruka makes an off handed comment about searching for the talismans rather than waiting for them to appear and Michiru is just like “yeah alright the sea says that’s not a bad idea” or whatever and they do it. Michiru already runs on like two hours of sleep anyways so might as well do something productive but Haruka is grumpy. Haruka needs a minimum of like 8 hours of sleep and so is just constantly pissy and tired with everything.
5) They nap. A lot. Haruka naps mostly and Michiru watches her but every now and then they nap together and it’s the most restful sleep either of them get for a very very long time.