Literally anyone: they don’t make cartoons like they used to :/
Me: DARN TOOTIN THEY DON’T. We’re in a renaissance of American animation with some of the best cartoons we’ve ever had. I’m talkin art styles, I’m talkin clever and heartfelt writing, I’m talkin voice actors, I’m talkin diverse casts and characters, I’m talkin new animation techniques. All I watch is cartoons and I’ve got a list of shows for you to watch if you think kids don’t have quality shows to watch these days. And if you think they’re only enjoyable for kids, then woooo boy I’ve got some shows for you.
I never had this Hollywood dream because I know they don’t need French actors. Sometimes they need the French guy smoking, I guess, but there’s no French community in America. You represent no one except French tourists.
Because she needs to hear that. She’s going through her own thing and there’s a reason why she separated herself and doesn’t want to be a killer anymore. And she’s losing herself, and I think Daryl realizes that. It’s a very selfless act. He tells her what she needs to hear to keep going. He does it for her.
My first time ever playing a tabletop RPG, and it was Call of Cthulhu. Our players were on a cruise to Rio before getting shipwrecked, and a friend and I were running a married couple. There were a lot of funny moments that came from this, but this one is my favorite. For reference, we’re at the ship’s glass bar. My character is also almost a full foot taller than my friend’s.
GM: You hear the gentle patter of rain on the roof and see a flash of lightning before the ship’s power dies. The lights go out and you feel the ship stop. What do you do?
Me: Since I’m an actor, I scream in the most cliche, overdramatic way possible and-
Other Player: Wait wait wait, can you demonstrate?
Me: Sure? *Does the female equivalent of the Wilhelm scream*
GM: *laughing* Alright, there was an “and” in there, what else were you gonna do?
Me: Can I roll to jump into my husband’s arms?
GM: *laughing harder* Sure, medium Dex check, but he has to roll a strength check if you get it to make sure he doesn’t drop you. No offense, but you’re heavier and he doesn’t have the strongest build.
Me: *Rolls and laughs when I see my number* I critically failed! I’m gonna die of stupidity before the game even really starts!
GM: [Friend’s character], you hear your wife scream and feel her jump before hearing the sound of shattering glass. Congratulations, [my character] you shattered the glass bar and take two hp damage.
1. “We have the same favorite book, and we always check it out from the library. We’ve never met, but the librarians are starting to ship us, and are coming up with ridiculous excuses for us to meet.”
2. “My dog absolutely adores you, and you absolutely adore my dog. Whenever we see each other, the two of you play for a good half-hour, at least. That’s great and all, but what’s your name?”
3. “I was planning on proposing to the person I was dating, but then, I found out they were cheating on me. They don’t know I know, and you suggest I go ahead and go through with it, with a slight twist: I propose to YOU, instead.”
4. “We’re both shopping for the same obscure item. This is the fifth store I’ve seen you at… Want to join forces?”
5. “I’m an actor, and part of my costume is a wedding ring, but I totally forgot I was wearing it. Now you’re yelling at me for flirting with you, and I have no clue how to get a word in edgewise to explain.”
6. “There’s only one bag of my favorite candy left, and you’re about to put it in your cart. Please don’t, seriously. I’ve had an awful week, and I need my candy fix.”
7. “I’ve never actually met the person my sibling is going to marry, but you’re always there at the wedding planning, so I just assumed it was you. But now you’re asking me out? And you’re actually the future spouse’s best friend? Oh, wow, I was not expecting that.”
8. “If you hug me, I will stab you-Oh, my gosh. You aren’t my best friend, you’re a stranger, and you look slightly terrified of me now. Please don’t call the police, I’m not actually going to stab anyone.”
9. “I passed out in a public place, and you sat with me for several hours to make sure no one harassed me? That is both sweet and strange.”
10. “We’re neighbors, and you always hear me screaming about my cooking disasters, and swoop in to save me. I probably should start paying you, honestly.”
There was no plan B. There can’t be. It was always, ‘this is who I am. I’m an actor.’ I want to tell stories. I’m obsessed with exploring the human condition. The way humans navigate what it is to exist and facing mortality is we tell stories. Because life’s hard, you know? Look at the news; the world is unjust. It’s my way of coping with it.