I’ve written about enjoying Autumn to the fullest, but today, I started thinking: what are some ways to just get out of the house during the Fall? I tend to be a major homebody, but I’m trying to be more active and spend more time outside (and so, less time on the couch). Here are a few ways I’m looking forward to getting out this Autumn:
- Go hiking. I go hiking every weekend and I plan to keep it up this Autumn. Once the rain sets in, it won’t always be easy–but I’m looking forward to seeing the leaves change from the trail!
- Visit a farm. In Hood River, Oregon, there is something called “the Fruit Loop”: it’s a collection of farms that set up stands on weekends during October. It’s so much fun! Visiting local farms is a great way to get local, fresh produce and to spend time outside.
- Collect leaves. I make it a goal to collect a few leaves and press them every year. I then paste them in my journal or scrapbook. I love spending time outside trying to find the perfect leaves.
- Go apple picking. While you’re visiting farms, you can also hunt for a local orchard! I love going apple picking. You get the fun of being outside in the Autumn–and you get delicious apples.
- Go to a corn maze. Ok, maybe you won’t “experience nature”–but you will get outside the house! Most towns have a corn maze in the vicinity (as far as I know) and they can be a ton of fun. Invite your friends and have a blast!