Does anyone else find irony in how the boy who used to calm crying babies by saying “shh little puff” calls himself disturbed. Baz is a marshmallow who has fabricated the idea that because he’s different that he’s evil or broken. It’s tragic, and honestly absurd. However that’s probably why he’s drawn to Simon. Simon questioned his place being an orphan mage (which literally has never happened before) and being the chosen one and yet instead of feeling remarkable he feels hollow and confused. Baz is incredibly kind, intelligent, powerful, unique and free thinking, but instead of being proud he is confused and ashamed. Simon and Baz don’t match because Baz thinks he’s a monster and Simon is an accidental villain, they match because both boys are extraordinary and yet see themselves as inexplicable disasters.
• Ethan struggling to say big words and Tyler, being Tyler, knows exactly what he’s trying to say and says it perfectly. Ethan gives him a big smile and says, “Yeah, that” and he’s very enamored with Tyler’s intelligence
• Tyler and Ethan accidentally buying matching shirts? Like they’re different sizes of course but one day they both end up wearing them and Tyler is immediately like “Dude!!” And Ethan asks where Ty got his and it turns out they both got it from the same place purely because it was on sale
- Bonus points if it’s a dumb or silly shirt Mark would make fun of them for
• Ethan trying to fix his hair for like 20 mins straight in the mirror and he’s probably gonna make them late at this point. But then Tyler comes in, says “We should go soon, okay?” And he ruffles Ethan’s hair which just so happens to make it look perfect and Ethan is in utter awe and makes sure not to touch it for the rest of the day so he won’t mess it up
• Tyler letting Ethan have bites of his food [and even holding it out on a fork for Ethan to eat off of]
- Kind of going off of that, Tyler and Ethan sharing a milkshake or doing that thing where they both start at opposite ends of a sandwhich and meet in the middle
- Or the spaghetti thing from Lady and the Tramp
• Tyler has to be super healthy because of his medical condition and he kind of forces his habits onto Ethan
- He brings Ethan huge water bottles to drink while Ethan records/streams/edits because hydration is important
- He only cooks healthy meals and while they still taste great and stuff, Ethan misses having ramen or macaroni and cheese every night
- He refuses to let Ethan out in cold weather and doesn’t just offer his jacket. He straight up spins Ethan around and slides it on for him.
• Tyler really really likes long, slow kisses
- Eth is a smol boy who hardly has enough room in his lungs to kiss for that long but he tries his hardest
• pre-love confession: Ethan’s mattress breaks and they have to buy him a new bed, but they’re also super busy with videos and work and stuff so they don’t have time to go shopping for at least a week. Ethan sleeps on the couch for the first night but then the next day he’s super whiny about how his back aches. So Tyler tells him to just sleep in his room with him.
Little does Ty know that Ethan cuddles in his sleep.
• Ethan really likes sitting on the left side of the couch and if Tyler is already there he’ll just plop right down in his lap