like im not even fucking kidding, we dont even know if smallcroft or lestropkins were mutual. mycroft picked up her card, but did he ever call?? did he ever follow through?? we dont even know if hopkins likes greg that much, like what if she thinks theyre just going out as friends???? we know greg likes her but were never explicitly told that shes interested in him to, were just made to assume she is???
*groans dramatically* OKAY GUYS It’s not just Follower 400, it’s Follower 401
Thank you all for hanging with me :D
And since I still have no real idea what do, my inbox is open to any and all requests, questions, or submissions.
Wanna send me prompts? I’ll add more to my list. Want me to publish one? I’ll finish one by the end of the night (haha.oh.shit.challenge.accepted). Want to ask me a question? I’ll answer. Want me to give y’all a sneak peak of Some Other Fic I’ve Been Sitting On? I’m gonna do it.
When people pull the “Rey survived on Jakku and didn’t become a murder” as a tactic to downplay the canon life time child grooming Ben went through, I can’t help but be really creeped out or just kinda sick. If Snoke had targeted Rey instead of Ben it’s not hard to see a likely circumstance with Snoke dangling the carrot of acceptance, answers, power and control for her too. It’s also not hard to imagine Rey eventually succumbing to these temptations.
Desperation opens the door for users/abusers. I know the idea that feeling sympathy for Kylo Ren/Ben Solo is just way too drastic and despicable for some people, but please let’s not pretend having space Voldemort target you is so easy. We will always have to accept the wrongs that Kylo has done, but never again am I going to feel bad for wanting to see him get better or change his fate.
I know ziam think of themself has Ross and Rachel but what are the similarities you see of them? Also haven't they broke up 3 times ? :S
Who broke up 3 times? Ross and Rachel or Zayn and Liam?
Well anyway, let’s not be too literal.
But both their bandmates…
…and Zayn and Liam themselves…
…made the Ross and Rachel comparison.
So, I think it’s because Ross and Rachel were it for each other. Everybody around them knew it. It just took a minute for Ross and Rachel to get with the program. Circumstances kept getting in the way. In the interim they had supportive friends trying to help them figure it out while they bonded, bickered, hooked up, took a break and finally made that commitment. And of course, Zayn is the sassy, temperamental, pretty princess. And Liam is the solid, reliable guy with good intentions who sometimes screws up anyway. I’m guessing that’s why they’re the Ross and Rachel of 1D.
Can you explain what you meant when you said the dizzee and thor kiss (almost kiss I couldn't tell?) scene was packed with meaning? I'm an oblivious bitch and subtlety goes over my head I'm not good at picking out deeper meaning in things
ok ok so this is gonna be long (I’m sorry)
Also by scene, I meant the whole scene when they’re at the party.
1) Dizzee’s character arc. From the moment dizzee enters the party, you can see that something important for Dizzee’s character is about to happen… It’s filmed/edited in a way that showcases that this is a first experience for him. And they’re telling us that this is abt him in relation to the LGBT community. They go from shots of dizzee looking mesmerized to shots of the club displaying various forms of LGBT expression. From the music, to the colours, to “vogueing”, etc. You can clearly see that everyone there is having a good time. You’re hearing cheers all over the place and you’re hearing Thor chuckle along with them.
2) Safe space and Freedom. So I feel like this scene is running on two main themes: freedom and safe spaces. So, at some point Dizzee asks Thor “what is this place?” and his answer is “this is where free people run free. Just birds singing their bird voice. Doing bird things”. In this moment Dizzee is being told that he can be whoever he wants to be here. And what does he do? He gives Thor the record of “set me free”. I mean idk if I’m reading too much into it but it feels like there’s some symbolism in that action. He’s at a gay club for the first time with a boy he likes and he’s told that he’s in a place where “free people run free” and then he goes ahead and gives that boy he likes a copy of a record that he loves bc he’s stated before that the record “is gonna set so many ppl free” and tells him that it made him think of him. This means he’s been associating freedom with Thor or maybe who he’s allowed to be when he’s with Thor.
3) The whole scene is about lgbt expression. And Dizzee is clearly interested in knowing more about it. He keeps asking questions. And he keeps getting answers that reaffirm that everyone is allowed to be free in this space. I mean that part of the scene where he asks “are they boy or girls” and we get that focus on gender and its relation to being lgbt. And then he keeps asking questions abt everything, he keeps looking mesmerized by everything, and we keep getting explanations abt different aspects of lgbt expression from that era. Vogueing, for instance.
4) Now going back to this being an important moment for Dizzee. So, in the first half of the scene we see Dizzee discovering new things abt lgbt expression and in the second half of the scene we see why they were important for dizzee. It’s all flows so well tbh. As the audience you’re already intrigued by this whole scene. As an lgbt viewer, I’m already excited abt lgbt expression being treated like this and we’re all sensing where it’s going. So, then the girl kissed Dizzee and Thor said “my turn” and as soon as he said it the feel of the scene changed. It feels different bc the lighting changed and they immediately transitioned into playing “telepathy”. So, basically the first half of the scene was preparing him bc he kept being told that he could be who he was here. He kept being told that freedom is welcome in that space. He was being shown that being lgbt is okay. And, in the second half of the scene when Thor says “my turn”, Dizzee gets to have his moment and we (lgbt viewers) get to have one with him.
5) Telepathy. That moment again is laced with meaning and they did it by choosing “telepathy” as their song. That’s a recurring theme for them too. They’re “just two psychic boys” after all. And the way the scene is playing out with the lyrics playing loudly around them. You see different moments between them when the song is playing. I mean, at some point the lyrics go “boy you keep me safe from harm” and the shot goes to Dizzee looking completely mesmerized by everything to Thor smiling at him.
And then we have the “it’s okay… Go on. Kiss him” which again is reassuring Dizzee that he’s safe there and that it’s okay for him to have those feelings for Thor. And to add more meaning to this moment… the song suddenly slows down and the lighting changes again. That’s meant to tell us (the audience) that something important is abt to happen so we better pay attention. It’s pulling focus towards Dizzee and Thor. Giving them the spotlight as soon as the song slows down. It makes it seem like they’re alone for a second. That the moment is changing bc not only is Dizzee discovering something abt himself, it’s also meant to show us the attraction between the two characters. So, then they “kiss” and there’s that beautiful shot of their silhouettes as they’re leaning on each other’s foreheads and there’s another transition with the music and lighting. As soon as “set me free” starts playing the feeling of the scene is lighter. Dizzee had his big moment. And now he gets to celebrate. It means a lot that as they’re pulling apart, the beat starts picking up and we see them looking at each other, smiling and dancing. It’s even better bc the song that closes that scene is “set me free”, a song about freedom. It’s like they went full circle with that theme.
So yeah… I just feel like there’s a lot that goes with everything that was done in that scene. It feels like they wanted to convey a message. And it was a good message. A message of freedom and acceptance for the lgbt community.