Nicole Williams, owner of Allure Pole Dance & Fitness Studio, demonstrates four killer moves for getting flat, sexy abs in these Tone Skincare gifs.
1. Scissor Kicks
Begin lying down with your arms propped up on your elbows behind you. Lift both legs a few inches off the floor, and bring your right leg as close to your chest as possible. Begin to lower your right leg while simultaneously raising your left leg to switch sides. Make sure not to let your heels touch the ground until the end. Complete 30 reps, 15 on each leg.
2. Butt Raises
Begin lying on your back with your legs in the air and the bottoms of your feet toward the ceiling. Keeping your palms flat on the ground, squeeze your abs, and lift your hips off the floor. Lower your hips back down with control. Repeat this 10 to 15 times, and complete three sets.
3. Leg Straddles
Begin sitting on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you and feet together. Place your hands behind you to the sides, and lean your upper body back to a 45-degree angle. Raise and separate your legs until you’re in straddle position. Then bring your legs back together while lowering them to the ground with control. Complete three sets of 10 to 15 reps.
4. Double Crunch
Begin lying flat on your back with your legs stretched out in front of you and your arms by your side. As you crunch your abs, raise your chest, and tuck in your knees so that your upper body and lower body meet above your hips. Slowly return to starting position, making sure your shoulders and heels meet the ground at the same time. Repeat this 10 times, and complete three sets. (Source)
Mix Spider Abs - Get into plank position with elbows locked. Pull your knee towards your opposite elbow, then towards your same elbow, and finally extend it back and out as high as you can. Repeat for 15 reps on each side.
Side Bridge Crunch - Get into side bridge position, resting on your elbow, the other arm extended above your head, and your feet staggered (one behind the other). Bring your back knee towards your elbow, tightening your abs as you crunch. Repeat & switch sides.
Full Sit-ups - Lie on the mat with your knees bent, feet slightly apart, and arms extended in front of you, palms facing up. Do a full sit up, keeping your arms straight and contracting your abs as you come up.
Do each move for a minute 3 times a week. Take shorter rest periods between each move as you get more fit.
1.Legs Crossed & Reverse Crunch - Lie flat on your back with your arms extended at your sides, palms facing up. Cross one leg over your knee and extend the other leg with your toes pointing up. Inhale, tighten your abs, and crunch your legs towards your chest without changing the position. Pause briefly, exhale, and return to starting position.
2. Supine Side Twists - Lie on your back with your knees bent and rest your feet on your heels. Keep your toes pointed towards your knees as much as possible. This will engage and flex your shins more. Straighten your arms in front of you and touch your hands together. Inhale, tighten your abs, and twist your upper body from side to side until your arm is touching the ground, keeping your shoulders lifted off the ground. Keep your legs as still as possible and tense abs throughout. Exhale before twisting to the opposite side. You are working your abs, core, arms, and obliques.
3. Butterfly Abs - Lie on your back and hold your head lightly with both hands. Extend your legs fully. Inhale, tense up your abs, and bring your elbows to the outside of your knees. Exhale and return to starting position, but don’t go all the way down. Your head and heels should not touch the ground. Repeat.
4. Extended Plank - Lie flat on your stomach with toes touching the ground and elbows bent, palms facing down. Keep head and neck in neutral position, and elbows directly under your shoulders. Inhale, tense up your abs, and lift your body straight up so that it is parallel to the ground, keeping toes and palms firmly on the ground. Pause briefly on top, exhale, and slowly return to starting position. To make the move more challenging, pause for a second or two on top.
5. Prone ISO-Abs (Plank) - Get into plank position, supporting your weight on your toes and forearms. Your elbows should be directly beneath your shoulders and your neck and head should be neutral position. Keep body straight at all times, abs engaged, and breathe evenly throughout. You can move your head, but the rest of your body should remain still. You are working your abs and core.
6. Bicycles - Lie on your back and contract your core muscles. Place your hands gently behind your head and bend your knees, lifting your feet about a foot off the ground. Slowly go through a bicycle pedaling motion, alternating touching each elbow to the opposite knee as you twist back and forth. Breathe evenly and keep abs tight throughout. To make the exercise more challenging, pause for a second as you touch each elbow to the opposite knee.
7. ISO - Crunch With Leg Circles - Lie on your back, but keep your shoulders, head, and neck off the ground. Point your chin towards your chest and keep your hands underneath your buttocks for support and comfort. Keep legs fully extended in front of you with feet together and toes pointed out. Inhale and crunch up slightly. Raise your feet off the ground about 6-8 inches and rotate your legs in circles clockwise for a few reps, then rotate in circles counter-clockwise.
8. ISO Elbow Knee Rotation - Lie on your back with one knee bent and the other leg fully extended in front of you, toes pointing forward. Place one hand behind your ear and the other arm fully extended out to the side, palm facing down. Inhale, tighten your abs, and rotate your body, touching your elbow to your opposite/bent knee. Pause briefly, exhale, hold the position, keep your shoulders on the ground and rotate your elbow and knee to the opposite side until you touch the ground. Try not to lift your shoulders off the ground and keep your opposite arm extended at all times. Pause briefly and rotate to the other side until your knee touches the ground. Keep your elbow and knee together throughout the exercise and breathe evenly.
9. Rockers - Sit with your knees bent and heels on the ground. Extend your arms fully in front of you, palms facing each other. Inhale, tighten your abs, and rock back and forth, bringing your heels to the ground on the way down each time. Keep head, neck, and shoulders off the ground when you rock back. Exhale on the way down. Maintain tension in your abs throughout.
10. Side Bridge With Rotation - Get into side bridge position, resting on your forearm. It should be directly underneath your shoulder and pointing forward. Keep your opposite arm extended fully above you. Feet should be staggered on top of each other. Inhale, tighten your abs, and rotate your body, running your extended arm between your lat and the ground. Exhale, pause briefly, and return to starting position.