12 memorable moments
Throughout this past year, Stop
Patriarchy has been on the front lines. On the streets, on campus, on
the airwaves and in the community, fighting for women’s fundamental
rights, telling the truth and drawing more people forward. As we say in our Call to Action,
we’re out to “challenge the new generation in particular to reject this
culture of rape and pornography, to resist the shaming of women who
have sex and/or abortions, to wage fierce cultural and political
resistance to wake others up, and to celebrate, fight for, and win the
full equality and liberation of women.” …to End Pornography & Patriarchy: the Enslavement and Degradation of Women!
Take a look…
1. January 22 & 23, 2015: For the first time ever, the anti-abortion March for “Life” a/k/a March for Forced Motherhood, was brought to a halt for nearly one hour when Stop Patriarchy led people into the streets in Washington DC on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.
Confronting the Walk for “Life” in San Francisco -
2. February 13 & 14, 2015: Coordinated actions across the country to protest “50 Shades of Grey”
3. February 28, 2015 - Stop Patriarchy in NYC protested at Pornhub’s (largest porn site in the world) film festival in Brooklyn. We called this out as a further step in the mainstreaming of pornography, even as pornography becomes ever more violent, cruel, dehumanizing, degrading, and humiliating towards women.
4. March 8, 2015 - International Women’s Day Bold actions in L.A., New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Cleveland
We demanded “Stop the War on Women!” and members of the Revolution Club spread “Break the Chains! Unleash the Fury of Women as a Mighty Force for Revolution!”
5. May 20, 2015, Stop Patriarchy joined Eve Ensler, Kimberle Crenshaw, and many more including families of Black women and girls killed by police to #SayHerName
6. Summer 2015: Stop Patriarchy set up booths at the Warped Tour Music Festival in southern & northern California, Houston, Cleveland, Chicago, Seattle, and Long Island and brought the struggle against patriarchy and women’s oppression to 1,000’s of young people …
7. July 1, 2015: As new abortion restrictions were set to go into effect in Texas, Kansas, Tennessee and more, we gathered people in New York City, DC, Houston, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Cleveland, and Maui, to take a defiant and unapologetic stand.
8. July 2015: We called on people to “Take Patriarchy by Storm” and set up “Stop the War on Women” displays on city streets and neighborhoods. Pics below are from Houston & San Francisco
9. August 2015: We brought two dozen people to Jackson to stand with the last abortion clinic in Mississippi and fight for Abortion on Demand & Without Apology. In the heart of the Bible belt we rallied, went into the community to spread our new “A Fetus is NOT A Baby” brochure, livestreamed a People’s Hearing, protested at a Hooters for objectifying women, and honored the brave clinic staff and defenders at Jackson Women’s Health Organization, aka “The Pink House.”
10. Sept. 24, 2015: We responded to Pope Francis’ announcement that women who apologize for their abortions will be “forgiven,” by holding a “Procession of Unrepentent Women” when the Pope came to NYC - and delivered an indictment of the Catholic Church to St. Patrick’s Cathedral for crimes against women.
11. Nov. 28 & 29: Immediately
responding to the murderous attack by an anti-abortion gunman at
Planned Parenthood in Colorado, Sunsara Taylor, writer for Revolution
Newspaper & initiator of Stop Patriarchy, called for people to
protest in the streets.
12. December 22, 2015: Stop Patriarchy activists & members of the Revolution Club from NYC & Atlanta traveled to Murfreesboro TN to #StandWithAnnaYocca at her arraignment for 1st Degree Attempted Murder for alleged failed attempt to self-abort with a coat hanger. #FreeAnnaYocca.
News coverage on Channel 5:
And we are just getting started!
Become part of and DONATE to StopPatriarchy.org to go forward into the new year! @stoppatriarchy