LET ME CLARIFY FOR YOU
The systematic discrimination against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians throughout Australian colonial history has included, but is not limited too:
- Widespread massacre
- Hyper criminalization
- Forced separation of children from families
- Absolute destruction of culture
- Subjection to racist statutes and policies
- Exclusion as citizens from the Australian Constitution
- Exclusion from voting rights
- Overall exclusion from white societies
- Denial of basic health care
…so on and so forth.
AS A RESULT
AS A RESULT
AS A FUCKING RESULT, TODAY:
- The criminalization of Aboriginal people operates well into the twenty first century, with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people representing 26% of Australia’s prisoner’s and only 2% of the population.
- In 2007, the gap between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal life expectancy was 11.5 years for males and 9.7 years for females.
- In 2010, just over one-quarter of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults reported problems accessing one or more health services.
- Around one in twelve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults have personally experienced removal from their natural family.
- and only 10% of Aboriginal students graduate from Year 12
IN CASE IT STILL IS NOT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU, INDIGENOUS SOCIAL ISSUES HAVE OCCURRED AND CONTINUE TO OCCUR
OF THE WIDESPREAD AND SYSTEMATIC DISCRIMINATION THEY HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TOO
THAT YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
THAT YOUR RIGHT TO MAKE JOKES
THAT YOUR RIGHT TO STEREOTYPE
THAT YOUR RIGHT TO IGNORE
no matter how much the media fails to tell you, no matter what bullshit your dad grunts under his breath when another prejudiced story comes blaring from your car radio, no matter how many of your friends of friend’s have been subjected to random acts of violence
and if you can’t see that, I don’t want anything to do with you kk thnx