National Aboriginal Day is coming up soon (June 21) and I can’t wait to see all of you on here! Here are some suggestions for what you can post on this day:
1. Selfies / Photographs of yourself, whether it’s casual or in regalia or something else (sports uniform, cosplay, graduation cap and gown, etc)
2. Photographs of family events, ceremonies, powwows, celebrations, etc.
3. Video of powwows, celebrations, etc.
4. Photosets/gifsets about your favorite Indigenous / Aboriginal actors, writers, poets, artists, etc.
5. Poems, essays, songs, stories, or personal accounts about being Indigenous / Aboriginal
6. Art, drawings, paintings, mood boards, photomanipulation, any kind of visual media that inspires you.
And more! This is a means of celebrating who we are and where we come from.
And of course, this means ALL Indigenous and Aboriginal people. We are all in this together. Let’s show them what we’re made of!