FO: Fleeceflower Tam (project, pattern), knit in various fingering-weight yarn leftovers. When I made this I was really hankering for colour so it definitely turned out BRIGHT. It’s awesome on cloudy/grey days, of which there seem to be so many lately.
This was definitely a project that I was sure was going to fail while I was knitting it. It was dense, it didn’t actually fit around my shoulders (as per the photo), and I wasn’t totally sold on the lace. My gauge has been off in my last couple of projects so I was really scared I would end up with another too small item (*coughHenslowecough*).
But seriously? Blocking this thingdid wonders (except for the whole blocking-a-cowl-flat-gives-you-two-seam-lines). I didn’t take before photos because I was thinking it wouldn’t turn out. Now I love love love it. My bad. ;)
My gauge on the lace was pretty different in the round than flat. I just went with it, but it’s significant.
I added an extra 4-row repeat of the lace pattern in Section 6 because I still had yarn left. I liked this option to make it a teensy bit longer (given my fear that it would end up sitting in the knit things basket forever without being worn) but it was unnecessary in the end.
FO: Henslowe (project, pattern), knit in Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label (Mint Julep). I finished this a while ago but didn’t blog it since I was frankly more than a little disappointed with how it turned out. It’s been a while since I’ve made something I truly just didn’t like and I had to come to terms with that before I could blog it. I still love love love the colour though… If anyone wants it, let me know!