So I went to to Amy’s Baking Company… but I couldn’t get inside.
The re-opening was apparently only available via invitation or reservation. Either way they were completely booked.
Things I did see:
- The place was LOADED with security guards all around. It was a bit frightening.
- A couple walked outside of it with some paper and a guard chased them to relinquish it and tear it down. (yikes?)
- Someone with a stereotypical Italian chef costume was promoting a pizzeria jeering ABC with a line similar to “[ENCLOSED PIZZA PLACE] does not hit their employees!’
- Lots and lots of people sensing an awkward aura around it.
- Some of the security guards noticed me but they just laughed at how much attention the place was getting.
- I didn’t see Amy herself, but I did see her husband Samy a bunch of times from afar.
All in all it was kind of scary. Right now I have no idea what kind of things are going on inside the restaurant.
I am sorry if you were expecting a full review from me, but I just couldn’t get access!