Okay but maybe I’m just not looking in the right places but not enough people are talking about what a big deal Hellblade is of a game. I mean, the fantastic narrative involving mental trauma aside, this game makes a huge statement about the gaming industry as a whole and that is that publishers are becoming an unecessary and at times toxic middleman.
For those of you that don’t know, Hellblade is a game produced by Ninja Theory (DmC, Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odessy to the West) using their own funds and talents, WITHOUT the help of a publisher. Yet, despite the game lacking a publisher, it is of “AAA” quality (a feat that publishers really want you to believe is impossible wothout them).
And although Ninja Theory wanted to coin the game as the “first ever AAA indie game” It’s not a “AAA” game, It’s an indie game. An indie made to the same quality (and in some cases even higher quality) as any standard “AAA” game. And to top it all off the game retails at only $30, something that they achieved by careful budgeting (only spending funds on necessities and mainly not wasting money on costly ad campaigns and instead using social media to promote their game). Everything about this game’s development laughs in the face of the AAA industry who insits that games like this can’t be made without them, that in order to make games profitable they have to charge more for them and tack on things like microtransactions and loot boxes, that in order for a game to be of “AAA” quality it needs a “AAA” budget.
Hellblade is an amazing indie game made by a talented development team that derserves way more credit for what they’ve done and I really believe that this game is the beginning of the end of the unsutainable “AAA” model.
please please please tell your followers to start voting on mwave fo bts, if we don't get #1 this month bts will be out of mama daesang. we still have 8 more days, it's very important, even more important than AAA!!!!
hello hi if you have time please vote for bts on mwave
quick question for the mod lol, do you have any advice on how to get noticed as an ask blog in a "bigger" fandom like bmc? :v
//if I’m being honest I don’t really know!! I guess an idea I could give is have an au for your ask blog if you want? Since there are already so many ask blogs based on just one or two characters! Not bashing those bc they are also awesome aaa!
Getting a following and getting questions can be hard if you’re starting out small and your main is also… Very small (talking on experience here pff) but there’s no shame in going @ your friends ‘hey ask me something on my ask blog pls and thx’ bc I bothered my friend A LOT so that she’d send an ask, remember that to get noticed it’s not usually the first post that always does it you gotta provide stuff to the tag so that people get a taste of what you do!
Also don’t be discouraged if you don’t any asks at first!! It took me a while to get my first ask, so good luck to you anon! And this is probably not good advice and it’s a bit of a mess but I hope even some of it could help :’)
please please please tell your followers to start voting on mwave for bts, if we don't get #1 this month bts will be out of mama daesang. we still have 6 more days, it's very important, even more important than AAA!!!! We need to atleast make a 500k gap!
first of all, i appreciate your enthusiasm for voting for bts. but fgs i don’t know how many times people have been spreading information without second check, this is NOT the voting for mama daesang, it’s just the voting for one of the awards in mama called “mwave music chart”, it has NOTHING to do with daesang. even if we lose this voting, we will still be nominated for daesang. daesang nomination is never determined purely through voting.
link to voting here, but to be very honest even if we lose the nomination chance or this specific award, i won’t be that sad, because we have our chance in much bigger and important awards like album of the year or artist of the year. just vote as much as you can, don’t stress yourself out too much on this. there are bigger votings to come like the main voting for mama and gaon chart awards voting.
(self-care) + other good things to do for yourself
i know it can be hard to take care of yourself and i’m still working on it myself. taking care of yourself and loving yourself is very difficult and not an easy task for many, i’m very proud of you. these are some things that work for me that may or may not work for you here goes:
- this is cliche, but a face mask is nice-better yet do it with someone you love. (if you struggle with acne, know that it’s not forever and you’re still beautiful you)
- take a multivitamin. trust me i know it can be hard to eat three square meals esp nutritious ones. [along with this; take vitamin d if you’re not getting enough sunlight too]
- take a break from your phone and computer even a small five minute one and just clear your thoughts. sit or lay down and breathe and do nothing else. listening to music helps if you can’t take the silence or you don’t have a quiet environment.
- eat at least one fruit or vegetable. it will make you feel less crappy at least you did smth to be healthy. baby carrots, cucumbers, bananas, or strawberries i’ve found are p easy for this.
- drink water i can’t stress this enough. it helps flush out toxins, keeps your lips not chapped, and helps w side effects of dehydration like headaches. if you can’t stand the plain taste add lemons! or other fruits you like!
- scents. are. gr8. humidifiers are so cute and great for making your space smell lovely. i always see them in muji but you can order one online. if you can’t get a humidifier you can always buy sprays or just good ‘ol essential oils. pro tip: peppermint is great for energy and being awake, lavender is good for sleep and relaxation, and citrus scents are great for a fresh and bright smell.
- i never thought journaling was my thing and i have problems w routine and consistency. however, i recently got a journal and i only write in it when a thought inspires me to drone on for half a page or so. i write when i feel particularly something not necessarily happy or sad. i don’t force myself to write every day. try this if you feel this way too. writing is good and no one has to see your writing, it’s just for you.
- if you can get yourself to shower. do it. and if you can, i recommend lathering yourself in lotion or body butter. the colder months mean dryer skin so keep it smooth babes.
- this one might repulse some people but i dont give a f*ck bc maybe they’ve never been there. if you can’t shower change your underwear and socks (and preferably all your clothes but i get it), dry shampoo/small amounts of baby powder, a half-assed combing and ponytail or bun, and rinse your mouth w water and then mouthwash or chew gum. perfume/cologne is ok just don’t overdo it.
- lastly and this is super important. it is not easy for most people. but don’t do the bare minimum if you know it’s a day you could be doing more. if you feel like you can do more that day- give it your h*cking all. and don’t be so hard on yourself either okay? you’re trying and i’m so proud of you. even if you think i’m talking to you through this god forsaken website on a screen, i am proud of your effort. <3
Today (March 31st 2017) is the last day of you as AAA’s Ito Chiaki. You have been walking the journey as AAA member for 12 years. Together with Urata Naoya, Uno Misako, Nishijima Takahiro, Sueyoshi Shūta, Hidaka Mitsuhiro, and Atae Shinjiro; the seven of you going through ups and down together. I wasn’t able to stand beside all of you since the very beginning but I’m glad that I got the chance to witness the glory days together with the seven of you.
It shocked me when I was told that you will be graduating as AAA member. I felt sad whenever I watched AAA performing without you. Now the end of March is here. My heart hurts thinking that I didn’t get the chance seeing you performing as AAA member and It hurts me even more that starting from today, I will never see you anymore in any upcoming AAA releases. Even so, I am happy for you. The first time I heard that you are currently carrying a life inside of you, I was ecstatic and the fact that you now have someone whom you can share your happiness and sadness with, made me even happier. Congratulations, Chiaki! Although I wish you would take a hiatus instead of graduating, I understood and respected your decision because you love AAA so much and AAA is important to you. You don’t want AAA to get half of your attention and you don’t want AAA to be affected by your personal life. And I know that the saddest person and the one who feels the loneliest because of this graduation is you.
Thank you so much for these past 12 years, Chiaki. Now, you have a new path to walk on and whichever road you take, I will always be walking beside you and making sure that you are not alone. Let’s walk on the flowery path together and even it is a road full of thorns, I will always be walking beside you. It amazes me that your happiness has also become my happiness. You may have a small body but you are strong and reliable. Despite any situation you would always give us the biggest smile :) I pray for your health and happiness and I also pray that you will have a safe birth and your baby is healthy :) Good luck on your new journey, Chiaki! I love you! ❤
That work that I thought would just be one project every once in a while has become an actual full time job, one which really requires I work a lot of hours a day. I’m still not paid enough to use those money for the game tho, so I don’t think I’ll be able to keep up with the pace of the events. Soooo… I really tried my best during these last weeks and I thought that these last days would be a perfect test to see if I could do this without shards just by doing things between breaks. And it went pretty bad. (And I had to use all of the shards I had left at the end to get Carnage’s cage cause I really wanted to have it.) As in I really couldn’t keep up with the game, the job and the blog without giving up some sleep (and even then I didn’t have enough time to answer asks anymore). Which is not good for my health right now, so I had to choose what was best for me and give up on this blog even tho I was still enjoying running it. The blog will still be here, so if anyone wants to see screenshots from older events they have a place where they can find them all, but I won’t be posting anymore nor answering asks.
These 5 months that I’ve been running this blog have been nice and stressful, but I really feel like they were quite a lot of fun and really useful. I have never written so much in English and some of you gave me big boost of confidence about my ability with the language. (I still think I’m pretty bad, but at least I feel like I could have a conversation with someone without making a total fool out of myself.) So I really wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone of you that helped me in any way during this journey. I really wish I could keep doing this, but I guess once again real life is more important, even more so when I’m actually doing a job that I dreamt of doing for a long time.
I guess this is a goodbye, then… Keep enjoying the game, guys!
Hey all- Lupo Mun here! Long time I knoooow. And I feel terrible(I hope no one was waiting for me aaaa). This is a long post- and I’m terrible at summing it up but tl;dr- it’s just me saying why I’m leaving this blog- not the fandom.