A new season brings with it a new manuscript wish list! Summer is the perfect time for me to find new projects, so I’m looking for some amazing stories to land on my desk over the next few months.
Here are some specific stories I’d love to find this summer:
- Young Adult friendship break-up story.
- Young Adult psychological horror.
- Young Adult science fiction with “fringe science” elements
- Contemporary Young Adult with romance similar to the Joey/Pacey or Joey/Dawson relationship dynamics (Dawson’s Creek).
- Contemporary Young Adult with a bisexual or asexual protagonist.
Middle Grade & Chapter Books:
- Contemporary Middle Grade that pulls on my heart strings.
- Middle Grade fantasy/adventure.
- Middle Grade horror (bring me back to the golden days of Goosebumps)
- Character-focused Chapter Book series.
- Graphic novel from an established illustrator (children’s or adult).
- Literary Fiction (for adults) with a touch of genre, or magical realism (examples: The Night Circus, Of Bees and Mist, The Golem and the Jinni).
- Nonfiction on pop culture & lifestyle topics (some specific wish list topics: geek culture, blog-to-book proposals, minimalism, vegan cooking, witchcraft or magic).
- Nonfiction for children (some specific wish list topics: geek culture, pop science).
In general, I’m looking for: illustrated picture books; middle grade (any genre); young adult (any genre); adult fiction with a touch of genre elements; and nonfiction (pop culture, lifestyle, and children’s). I want to read manuscripts that take me by surprise and could easily find a place on my “favourite books” bookshelf (you can view some of my favourite books here).
For more information on what I do and do not represent, take a look at my representation page (which is updated on a regular basis with submission guidelines and wish list items). Submission guidelines are also on that page.
Bring on the summer submissions!