name: kane or “kale” hastings age: young adult pronouns: he/him life state: appears to be some sort of alien - when asked he says “our spiritual selves are all the same so it doesn’t matter what i am” bio: - very into spirituality and wellbeing, wants to write a whole series of books to help people with discovering themselves - is vegetarian and his favourite food is kale hence “kale” hastings - spend 40% of his day meditating and doing yoga - is funny and charming, was voted “most likely to become a cult leader” in high school - is looking for someone who can be both his physical and spiritual soulmate for life, death and beyond
Vegan pizza night! Garden fresh veggies on a gluten, oil, & yeast free crust. 🌿 Yellow and red tomatoes, mushrooms, yellow zucchini, basil, eggplant, olives, scallions, yellow and pink swiss chard, red onions, edible flowers (nasturtiums, calendula petals, & radish blossoms) on a pesto sauce base. Recipe for crust and pesto listed in below.
Crust - makes one 10" pizza:
- 1 heaping cup oat flour (I blended up rolled oats in my vitamix blender to make the flour)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried herbs (oregano, basil, whatever you like).
- 2/3 cup water
- plus extra oat flour for handling.
- cornmeal for the pan (optional, but recommended!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/175celcius.
2. Place pine nuts and chia seeds in blender and blend until they are chopped up really small. About 5-10 seconds in a high speed blender. (Sometimes it’s easier to blend the chia seeds and pine nuts separately, depends on your blender.)
3. Mix all dry ingredients together (I do this with a whisk and then in the blender also) then mix in the water.
4. Roll the dough out on a generously floured surface, or flatten it out with your palms and fingers. Flatten to about 1-2 cm thick.
5. Prepare baking sheet by generously sprinkling cornmeal over the surface.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins, then remove, add toppings, and bake for another 10-15 mins.
Recipe for pesto: in a food processor (or possibly blender?) mix together • 60g / 1 cup *really* packed fresh basil • 40g / 2-3 tbsp pine nuts (soaked in water for a few hours beforehand) • 30g kale (I like baby or young kale, it’s less bitter. Use lacinato for a really deep green colour). • 1 fresh garlic clove • 1 tbsp garlic powder • 1 teaspoon onion powder • 1 tbsp lime juice • 60g / 1/3 cup chopped tomato(es)
“It’s black and white. It looks like I died at my most beautiful. This is a dead person, a dead person and they’re like ‘how could she have been taken away so young.’” - Mindy Kaling on her Elle cover.