That thing where you write long Mystrade fics...
… and you have to keep checking:
- How many siblings of which gender you gave Greg in this one.
- What middle names you went for in the end (”I swear it was ‘Alexander’ in chapter five… but was that a different fic’s chapter five??”)
- Whether this Myke will answer to Myke or not.
- And whether you went for Myke or Myc.
- Whether Greg gets ‘Gregory’ or ‘Greg’ (or if we’re still on a narrow-eyed “inspector”).
- If we’re past “inspector”, this particular fic’s fluffy pet names (”darling”, “scoundrel”, ”beast”, etc.)
- Birthdays/star-signs. (damn, I made Greg a Scorpio this time… but the gorgeous bastard is quite clearly turning out a Leo…)
- If this one was an elegantly virginal Mycroft or whether he swears like a docker the second the bedroom door is shut.
- Which of them has the cheesecake obsession this time.
Note to self: make a spreadsheet.