Reasons to be happy today:
- As we know, Bruce takes the “be prepared” thing super seriously, and it did come in handy back when the Justice League was first starting out, because he had plans for situations the rest of them assumed were outlandish… until all of them happened.
- “How do we fight sentient machines??” “I have a file” “The military is building a death ray???” “I’ll send you the file” “How would I know how to communicate with an alternate universe?” “Well if you read the file–” After a few years, “Bruce has a file for that” became a JLA joke, generally used to tell someone they’re being ridiculous.
- “Okay let me get this straight… you think they were gathering information through spyware concealed in the shells of the garden snails outside the kitchen window” “Hey, Bruce has a file for that” [Bruce grumbling in the background]
- To answer the obvious question, yes, it caught on around Wayne Manor too. His kids use it all the time, though admittedly with a little more wariness, because they’re all intimately familiar with just how extensive Bruce’s files can get.
- “For a second I thought this was some kind of Freaky Friday situation” “Yeah Bruce has a file for that” “Really?” “No. Probably. Who knows at this point?” Variant editions such as “Dick has a file for that” and “Tim has a file for that” have also entered the community vocabulary.
- Bruce does occasionally have a file for that. It’s hilarious. Further variations include personal burns like “She says the kid is his” “Okay I know for a fact Bruce has a file for that one” and “I just want to encourage communication, you know?” “Bruce definitely does NOT have a file for that one, can I get an amen???” Bruce doesn’t think it’s nearly as funny as everybody else does.