Little fanfic things that make me smile:
- When there’s a set of specific and intricate detail work and you just know the author is either drawing from life experience and knowledge, or that they spent a long time researching to get it just right.
- A reframing of a well known metaphor or simile that makes you think of it in a new way.
- An original metaphor or simile that you pause and admire for a while because it’s such a sweet turn of phrase.
- Dialogue that you can hear perfectly because the phrasing is so on point.
- The obvious love and care the author has for the character dynamics, plot and/or setting that shines through in every word, sentence and paragraph.