hey blaine ! in your opinion, what's the BEST way to plan out fanclans for a story or for a comic or something?
to me, the best way to plan out fanclans is:
- take a while to think about the clans you want, the number of clans you want, their names, and their history. were they all created together? how are each clan different from one another? do they use different words/terms for one another? do they have different dialects? which clan is the newest, if any? which clan is the oldest? are their naming systems different from one another? do they view each other as allies or are they constantly at war?
- make sure to map out your territory in a way that would be realistic/make sense; basically, if you want to have a forest that’s set in reality, make sure you do some research on different plants/trees and streams that could be there!! if ur making up a territory thats not grounded in reality that’s totally fine and u can do whatever u want, but make sure to make that distinction!!!
- make sure your clan names are descriptive and make sense for the clan. a clan named waterclan likely wouldn’t be a clan who doesn’t hunt near water or swim, a clan named marshclan wouldn’t be a clan that isn’t in a marsh. go a little weird w/ clan names!!! maybe there’s a clan named jayclan who was named after a boastful leader and has no attributes, maybe there’s a clan named lightclan who veiws themselves as better than everyone else. what i mean is, clan names dont HAVE to be natural things - you can give a personal history that makes a fanclan seem a little prideful rather than grounded in their natural settings.
- it’s likely that a clan will have a certain #look to them and perhaps are based off of a certain breed; in canon, we all can sorta guess that msot windclan cats are small and lithe and perhaps based off of oriental shorthairs; thunderclan cats are big and brawny and probably have a lot of maine coon heritage. do that for you own fanclan!!!!
- how does your clan act towards outsiders??? how do they function as a whole???
- BASICALLY, remember to give your clans their own personal histories!!! go deep into the lore of them; if you want them to be completely separate from each other, let it be that way!!! if they’re extremely codependent on each other, write them like that!!!
I not only haven't seen Timmy in a lot of the trailers, but token, tweek, and sometimes Stan are also missing in a lot of the scenes where the rest of the kids r together-and I realize they're all apart of freedom pals, but mysterion is rarely missing-I wonder what's up?maybe nothing but yeah I've made this observation in a lot of trailers
i think they keep making a point to show coon and friends bc cartman is the face of the fanchise and they’re your starter team– however i think mysterion is another recognizable character within the superhero canon so despite him being freedom pals (which sadly takes a backseat in advertising) theyre making a point to show him