- Eight-year-old Joe Maldonado was reportedly kicked out of the Boy Scouts when parents began complaining about his gender identity.
- As NorthJersey.com reported, the 8-year-old came out as a boy in 2015, when he was entering the second grade.
- He has been a “much happier child” since, his mother, Kristie Maldonado, told the outlet.
- She said his peers, both at school and within Cub Scout Pack 87 in Secaucus, New Jersey, seem to have accepted his gender identity.
- “Not one of the kids said, ‘You don’t belong here,’” Kristie said. But apparently a few pack parents did.
- Kristie said an official from the BSA’s Northern New Jersey Council called and informed her that, because “some mothers” had expressed concern over Joe’s transgender identity, he could not come back to his pack.
- “I’m way more angry than sad,” Joe told the outlet. “My identity is a boy. If I was them, I would let every person in the world go in. It’s right to do.” Read more
Bilbo earns his first payment of reward from thorin what does he riecieve