Today is #NationalScavengerHuntDay! We at gishwheswould be remiss if we didn’t celebrate this revered holiday, so we’ve concocted a bit of diabolical fun.
Get ready, Gishers… time for a #gishwhes NATIONAL SCAVENGER HUNT DAY MINIHUNT!
1. Post your submissions on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook*, tagged #gishwhes & #NationalScavengerHuntDay.
2. You have until 11:59 PM PDT May 27 to submit your Items.
3. No photoshopping (unless we’ve explicitly told you to Photoshop.)
4. Anyone can play. You don’t have to be registered for gishwhes to participate. (Though we recommend it for a better life, stronger nails, and a shinier complexion.)
5. Yes, there will be prizes!
*Please make sure your posts are publicly visible so we can find your precious works of remarkability.
1. IMAGE: Office Art 2: The Revenge. They say the sequel is never as good as the original. Grab your highlighters & paperclips and prove them wrong! Take time out of your busy work (or school) day to create a beautiful, museum-worthy sculpture or mixed-media art piece in your cubic comprised entirely of office supplies. All items submitted must include a yellow didactic panel with the name of the piece & artist’s intent.
2. VIDEO: Boxing Video. We’ve all seen Unboxing videos on the Internet, right? Let’s reverse the trend with Boxing Videos! Pack a box with either shelf-stable dry goods or donations for your local food bank or homeless shelter, explaining each item as you go. However, there’s one catch: As you fill your box, everything you do must appear as though you were running an unboxing video backwards - backwards speech, backwards movements… you get the idea. At the end, it’s time to move forward… to your local shelter or food bank to donate the goods!
3. VIDEO: As all Gishers know, Medieval Knights were often depicted battling snails and nobody knows why… except you. YOU know. Show us a historical re-enactment that adequately explains this centuries-old rivalry.
4. VIDEO: A serious dramatic reading of an excerpt of “Streetcar Named Desire”, “Long Day’s Journey into Night” or “Death of A Salesman” … as performed by “chin face” thespians.
5. IMAGE/VIDEO: What do dogs dream of? Show us what happened in your pet’s REM cycle last night.
6. VIDEO: A YouTube “Get Ready with Me” video, but instead of a girl, it features a long haired dog. We want to see it all… Waking up, breakfast, the whole glam routine— complete with first-person voiceover from the dog’s perspective.
All right Gishers… GO!