Everyone has a youth. A time that’s more beautiful because it’s awkward and clumsy, a time that shines brilliantly. A time when you’re not afraid of anything because you have nothing to lose, and a time when you’re excited because you can have anything, everything. That’s now, age 24, my youth. Although I’m still uneasy and nervous, I’m perfect without needing anything else.
10 characters I wished were real so I could date them. Part One
10) Age of Youth: Park Jae-Wan: Every single drama I’ve seen Yoon Park in I’ve hated him lol. But this is the first time he has played a decent character for me. I loved him in this. I have no idea what he is saying in this gif.
8) Healer: Seo Jung-Hoo: I literally picked him because of this scene. He kept cuddling with her and I was like “oh my gawd!” I want one! I honestly like Bong-soo too.
7) Descendants of the Sun:Yoo Shi- Jin: No list is complete without him lol. He was perfect….just perfect. I fangirled so much watching this drama. Should I apologize or confess? JESUS! That nearly kicked the wind out of me. lol
6) Uncontrollably Fond: Shin Joon- Young: UGH! I loved this character so freaking much. OMG! That confession scene was AMAZING! He said some pretty amazing things as well. Chiillleeee he honestly could be number one the more I think about it. I mean KIM FUCKING WOO-BIN!
5) Cheese In the Trap: Baek In-Ho: I didn’t read the web-toon so I can’t share the anger for the show being all about him. However, by the end of it I stopped shipping him with Seol and started shipping him with myself lol.
I would not want to be Gook-doo right now. His girlfriend left him for his childhood friend, who also has feeling for her, and he just realized he has liked Bong-soon for year… just in time to see her falling for someone else. And to top it all finally figuring out who is the criminal behind the kidnappings just to be pulled out of the case. WHAT GIVES!
But the silver lightning is that the investigation team were finally able to crack the case and figure out who the real culprit is. The bad news is that they have no authority nor jurisdiction over the case due to political measures made based on media attention and pressure. How will they be able to catch this awful man? I doubt there will be teamwork with the new team in charge of the case, so… what? Are they going rogue on this?
On the mobster front, though, peace has finally be reached. Mr. Baek’s organization will no longer be going after Bong-soon nor try to have any association with her in the future. They are left in awe and shook, though… and I wonder how long they will be able to stay away with this viral video going around tarnishing their reputation. Pfffft! Oh, those neighborhood kids are the running joke that keeps on giving.
I don’t know if this will happen, but I would really like for the mobsters, the kids and the police to team with Bong-son in order to catch the man kidnaping the young women. After all, it’s their neighborhood and it’s on everyone’s interest to keep it safe, for personal and professional reasons.
And can we just take a moment to appreciate how subtly Min-hyuk has become part of Bong-soon’s family unit? I’m so happy he has found what can be described as a caring and nurturing family who want to take care of him and spoil him when he’s down. And he’s really enjoying it too. Good.
Today’s scene with his father showed two things: One, Dad doesn’t know how to express his love. He clearly cares (exhibit A: Mr. Baek’s face) but he’s going all wrong about it. And, two, they still have unresolved issues between them (exhibit B: his mother’s death) which I hope they can work out. I have a feeling Dad is all goo on the inside when it comes to his kids. And especially Min-hyuk.
What about Bong-soon finally being able to feel good about her powers? That’s a gem of character development right there and it’s a long time coming. I love to see her achieve a new sense of self-worth with each decision she takes. Every episode Bong-soon is taking a step closer to becoming an even more amazing, independent and strong woman. Not only physically but also mentally and emotionally. And while she has gone great lengths by herself, she also has Min-hyuk to thank for his. He has been part on her finding herself and meaning to her power just by supporting her. That’s all he did and it was more than enough. I say he’s a keeper.
Which is why, to me, the real treat tonight was the development between Bong-soon and Min-hyuk. The latter having realized his feelings almost from the very begging and slowly taking steps towards her, today those feelings cemented with the discovery that Bong-soon was the one who saved him many years ago. So precious, I think she’s his first real love.
As for Bong-soon, methinks she’s already in a place where she knows she has feeling for him too. Thought the entire episode there was something running deep between then and it wasn’t just gratitude, it was something else. Why else would they have that very charged moment at the hospital room? He knows, she knows, we all know.
My question is how will Bong-soon go about it from now on? To me is clear how she feels but she has liked Gook-doo for such a long time, I’m afraid she will have trouble coming to terms with her growing feelings for Min-hyuk.
REALLY looking forward to tomorrow’s episode and some answers too.