Witcher Headcanon: Novigrad
- Dijkstra took over as leader of Redania (more on that in a future list) and thus Novigrad. He however kept it free as the way it was before the war.
- The Church of the Eternal Fire is not banned from being worshipped but it no longer has any power. Many priests were sentenced to life in prison or death for their previous crimes.
- Witch Hunters became the hunted. Without Radovid, they had no power and thus the people had no reason to fear them. Most were sentenced to death. The ones that escaped were hunted down by mages or guardsman,
- Racism in Novigrad is still an issue but not as big of one anymore. Without fear of the Witch Hunters, many people have become more willing to change their ways.
- Dandelion has turned The Chameleon into one of Novigrad’s most respectable and well established restaurants, theaters, and cabarets.
- The King of Beggars, funded by Dijkstra, has been able to help many non-humans in getting out of the slums. Dijkstra sees it as a valuable investment. Partially because he believes in equality and partially because he knows helping them will help him should his power ever be questioned or challenged. (He always has a plan doesn’t he?)
- The Church Temple on Temple Isle was turned into Redania’s headquarters. No one really cared since only priests and high society were allowed their anyways.
- Most people no longer worship the fire. Most only previously did out of fear. Many that previously believed that the fire protected them realized that people like Ciri and Geralt were the ones actually protecting them
- Ciri likes visiting Novigrad. Dandelion and Zoltan always wants her to stay at The Chameleon but for some reason she usually stays at The Golden Sturgeon.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Novigrad’s population is ever growing. Without the war looming and the witch hunters, Novigrad is once again viewed as a beacon of hope thus resulting in many moving there.
- The former crime bosses all still have power. However Cleaver is the only one that still focuses on crime. The King of Beggars will still support thieves if need be. And Cleaver took over Whoreson Junior’s casino and fight club. However the fight club is no longer fights to the death, not out of the kindness of his heart however. Cleaver knows that by having his fighters survive he will be able to make more money.
- Saskia and Iorveth visit Novigrad when they can. The increase in non-human popluation is something they are proud of.
- Geralt visits Novigrad at least once every year to see his friends. Many merchants and townsfolk mention to him that they “believe to have seen his daughter here.”
- After Emhyr was overthrown, Philippa decided to return to Novigrad and try her luck getting back on Dijkstra good side. Worth a shot. Having failed, she decided to start a magic school in the city instead.
- The city has a thriving entertainment industry. Theater and cabaret are huge. Gwent is played by almost everybody. Cards and gambling are quite popular as well. Even some sports such as baseball, soccer, and boxing are popular among middle and lower classes. And sports like croquet and billiards are popular among higher classes. (I know sports are relatively new in terms of society but many have very old origins which would be what these are.)
- Lambert hates cities but Keira makes him come with her to Novigrad often. She has many friends here and does business here as well. Lambert prefers to just stay in The Chameleon most of the time. The city folk prefer Ciri for their witcherly needs. She is much kinder.
Thanks for reading everyone! I quite like a lot of these. I still have other lists started in my drafts and have a lot more ideas. I like writing about Novigrad so I might write some more about it soon. I’d love to here your feedback and your own headcanons. Thanks again for reading!