wisnia said: Ugh, I know the feel especially about controlling parents and lack of work ;; I’m so sorry
it’s okay -hugs- It’s just like this vicious cycle y’know?
Dad is controlling towards mom, so mom is controlling toward her offspring, but she still likes to pretend that she’s the “fun” one who gives us more freedom, and then the two will team up together to tell us that we “can’t” go looking for work because of some bullsh*t reason.
- mom: “wait ‘til you’re older”
- me: *becomes older*
- mom: “wait dad needs the car for HIS job!” (because no public transit in this small town)
- me: “I can ride a bike, walk, carpool”
- mom: “NO!!!!”
- dad: *retires*
- mom: “ohhh let me look for a job first!! I still have to collect some points so I can collect social security :)”
- mom: *has medical problems and dad can’t afford the necessary medication so she can’t work*
- mom & dad: lol we’re still not letting you work anyway XD