- Thousands of protesters packed the streets of Milwaukee Monday in what organizers dubbed a “day without Latinos” march, the AP reports.
- Demonstrators closed their business, left their jobs and flooded the city’s south side to protest immigration crackdowns promised by Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke.
- Clarke — a right-wing hardliner and vocal surrogate for Trump — said in a Facebook post Jan. 27 that he would partner with ICE officials to round up undocumented Wisconsinites.
- Images from the protest show a large turnout, sending a clear message that Clarke’s policies face serious opposition.
- But dissidents remain at a disadvantage as long as Clarke is in office. And his next re-election bid isn’t until 2018. Read more (2/13/17 3:22 PM)