Solangelo during school year headcanon
Will goes back home while Nico stays at Camp Half Blood
- They write each other letters
- A lot of letters
- As they have difficulties to read English because of their dyslexia, they write all their letters in ancient Greek
- Will loves that because he can write letters in school without anyone understanding what he is writing (
and all his classmate are like why the hell are you writing like that)
- Once, Will couldn’t send letters to Nico for a week because he had a school trip and Nico became very moody and insulted everyone and everything in italian all the time (“Get out of my way you stronzo” “Valdez leave me alone mi rompi i coglioni”)
- Nico smiled when he finally received a letter from Will after this trip (“NICO DI ANGELO IS SMILLING GUYS, I REPEAT, NICO DI ANGELO IS SMILING” -Percy)
- Nico lost his smile when he read that a girl hit on Will
- “Is she cute ? Did you like that she hit on you ? I’m sure you did you disloyal bastard.”
- “Calm down, sunshine. Actually, I told her that I didn’t care about her because she smells like mayonnaise and I have a boyfriend. I said that at dinner. In front of everyone.”
- When he read that Will accidentally came out to his whole class, Nico burst out laughing. It was the first time the campers heard him laughing.
- When Nico is particularly sad because Will is away and a camper asks Hazel why he is like that, she answers “He misses the sun” and the camper looks at her like she was crazy.
- Will sent a letter all written in (broken) Italian for Nico’s birthday and Nico was close to tears
- Will always ends his letters with “I miss you sunshine” but Nico never tells him that he misses him back (though he does miss him)
- Nico writes all his letters in the infirmary because it is “Will’s place” and so the kids of Apollo’s cabin are used to see Nico there and they tease him about Will (“Writing a letter to our brother again, Di Angelo ?”)
- Once, the Stoll brothers stole a letter before Nico could read it (
Nico summoned a skeleton to chase them all day long)
- “Omg Nico they talked about greek mythology in class today it was hilarious. For a moment, I was scared my dad would appear in the class to recite one of his haikus. Ah, and before you ask, they only said bullshit about Hades. You know, the usual. Hades, god of the Underworld, the “bad” god. And yes, sunshine, I know, Zeus is way worse than your dad. Please don’t do an essay on Hades in your next letter.”
- Nico keeps all the letters in a little box because he physically can’t throw them away
- When he really misses Will he reads all the letters again
- Nico has one of Will’s tee-shirt hidden under his pillow (
and he would probably die of shame if someone found out)
- Will has a picture of Nico and him in his room
- When he’s bored in class Will draws Nico on his notebook with little annotations like “I’m Nico di Angelo, fear me you little piece of shit”.
- When Will came back to Camp Half Blood, Nico couldn’t help but run to hug him. He didn’t care about his reputation, he had missed his boyfriend so much.
- “Damn Solace I missed you so much. Please don’t leave next year.”
Feel free to add