Project Just Hold On
This is a project to ensure the success of Steve Aoki feat. Louis Tomlinson’s single “Just Hold On”. The song is a tribute to Louis’ late mother, Johannah Deakin. Our goal is to get the song to #1 as well as supporting numerous charities in her honour.
How to help with promoting the song:
- Sponsporships - We are lucky enough to have the support of @1dsponsorshipswho has set up a way for people to gift and to receive the song! here
- Thunderclap - This service is a great way to get a large amount of people’s attention very quickly. It is one of the flashiest and fastest ways to get our hashtag trending and to also draw attention to the song. We will be rolling out on Wednesday evening so please sign up and share!
- Stream on Spotify - here’s a link to 8 hour long playlist with the instructions you need to follow when streaming to help Just Hold On in the chart!
- Tweet “#NowPlaying Just Hold On by Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson. Listen on Spotify https://spotify.com/track/3EmmCZoqpWOTY1g2GBwJoR” OR if the song is already on the Billboard Trending 140 chart, find it, click on the link and tweet from there!
- Shazam “Just Hold On” - download the app, play the song and let the app recognize it. Another way to get it in the charts!
- Request “Just Hold On” on your local radio stations!
In the past, when promoing a song, we had the members as the subject of each promo day. But in the spirit of Johannah we would like to use each day to promo a specific charity. Each of these have been chosen due to Johannah, Louis, or Steve’s involvement with them.
(Starting on Monday, December 12, 2016)
- Day 1 (December 12): Eden Dora Trust #ProjectJustHoldOnEdenDora
- Day 2 (December 13): Believe in Magic #ProjectJustHoldOnBMI
- Day 3 (December 14): #BuyJustHoldOn (This day the Thunderclap campaign will roll out, so the ultimate goal is to get excitement for the song and the hashtag trending.)
- Day 4 (December 15): Leukemia awareness #ProjectJustHoldOnLeukemiaAwareness
- Day 5 (December 16) : Aoki Foundation #ProjectJustHoldOnAokiFoundation
- Eden Dora Trust (here)
- Believe in Magic (here)
- Leukemia Foundation- There are so many incredible foundations and donor drives out there, and in the next few days we will have a list for you to go through and pick the one that touches you the most!
- Aoki Foudation (here)
- more links and information will be posted throughout the week!
Fan artist/Instagram Challenge:
What are we doing?:
Each day we are asking the talented artists in our fandom to make artwork that highlights the most important aspects of that charity.
When do we start?:
Monday, December 12, 2016, Day 1 of our challenge.
What were the days again?:
- Day 1: Eden Dora Trust
- Day 2: Believe in Magic
- Day 4: Leukemia Foundations
- Day 5: Aoki Foundation
Who should be featured in the art?:
Anyone involved in the charity. The beauty of this week is that there can either be a focus on the charity itself, or you can find a way to incorporate Johannah, Louis, and Steve’s involvement.
Why will this help the charity?:
What you DO need to include in your graphic is your favorite aspect of the charity of the day. We want people to get passionate about these charities. And we will also be requesting a link to the donation in each submission.
How is this a challenge?:
That’s where the fun comes in. This is going to be a challenge for the artists each day to come up with the best work. At 10PM (GMT) the admins will look at all of the art that has been submitted, and we will pick our 3-6 favourites from that day. (Feel free to send our admins some of your favourite work from the day as well so that we can take that into consideration!) Those favorites will be highlighted (with credit to the artist) on all forms of our social media, along with the promo for the song.
How will we see your work?:
All fanart, and fanart alone will be considered “submitted” by tagging the work with #ProjectJHoldOnCharityArt along with the hashtag of the charity we are promoting that day. We also request that if the art is posted to tumblr that you include the link to the charity, and all links posted bellow to promo Just Hold On.
Any art that is found to be plagiarized or stolen will cause the reposter to be disqualified from participating for the rest of the week.
For immediate access to information follow us on our social media accounts:
- Tumblr (@projectjholdon)
- Twitter (@projectjholdon)
- Instagram (@projectjholdon)