here’s a quick collection of assorted outfits I associate with the boys. I have been kind of obsessively curating male clothing for like the past year, because I just do that.
- Alan’s always had a sort of casually preppy thing going on, in my head. I tend to write/cast him a little older mentally than he probably actually is, and I tend to dress him as though he’s angling towards looking at least a little like a grown-up. also I like to give him hats. little slouchy beanie things.
- Gordon’s all nautical stripes and bright colours and floral prints, but also a lot of beachy white and and visible skin. I think he’s also 100% the sort of person who would own and wear a velvet jacket. Gordon + brightly coloured shoes is also one of my favourite things. This is in stark contrast to Nonsense!Gordon, who basically dresses entirely in black at all times.
- Virgil is my secret fave. Virgil’s all canvas and denim and worn leather, with occasional woolen sweaters and soft cotton henleys, to serve as reminders that he is Large but also he is a Gentle Soft Boy. I always end up envisioning Virgil with tattoos and piercings and a sort of lumberjack emopunk vibe. No idea why. He snuck a few florals in there too, the sweetheart.
- John is actually super difficult for me, because Heavenward!John’s sensibilities have bled all over the way I imagine him in canon. In short, though, his clothing tends to be very cleanly cut and he dresses very neatly. hwd’s influence bleeds through when I end up adding those sorts of vaguely cyberpunk elements, high collars and doubled up layers and that kinda thing. the nerd. i also dress him almost exclusively in grey. in heavenward it’s because of the questionable morality of his actions. otherwise, not sure why.
- Scott in my head is always a blend of suits + bomber jackets + aviators + hot farmer’s market dad aesthetic. The latter is hard to pull through, but I feel like in casual settings, entirely accidentally, Scott ends up dressing like the sort of well-to-do suburban dad who owns a minivan and buys fresh heirloom kale and free range eggs every Saturday. Little bit of floral print for Scooter, too.