Bernie Sanders visits the border in Nopales, Arizona. [x]
Listen to his statement here
- States that immigration is personal issue as a “son of immigrants”.
- Condemns Trump’s xenophobia
- Calls out Arpaio’s inhumane treatment and detainment of immigrants
- He says he will push for comprehensive immigration reform and will expand Obama’s DACA and DACA.
- End the DEPORTATION REGIME
- Calls out Clinton’s support for the deportation of Central American children
- supports family reunification, and the return of other deported immigrants
- Talks about his opposition to the 2007 immigration bill due to its part on guest worker programs which is “akin to slavery”
- Supports increase in border security technology
- Talks about tackling the economic causes of Latin American migration, mentions NAFTA
- Rethink War on Drugs by treating substance abuse as a health issue and not by “locking away people or engaging in military like conflict in Latin America”