“The End of Serialization as We Know It” Quotes/Jokes/References
Check out what “The End of Serialization as We Know It” brought us:
- “You clean your fucking mouth out.”
- “I showed him my dick and called him a fag.”
This post will be updated with more Quotes/Jokes tomorrow!
- The episode’s title, “The End of Serialization as We Know It” is a play on the expression, “The end of civilization as we know it”. It references how season 20’s serialized story is ending. The title may be hinting that South Park won’t be doing another fully-serialized season and go back to being episodic.
- Boston’s song ’Smokin'’ plays while Kyle trolls online (the same song his dad listened to). Craig and Tweek are asked to respond to the gay people being trolled online because they are still seen as “gay” from ‘Tweek x Craig’.
- “Trevor’s Axiom” explains how trolling allowed Donald Trump to provoke people and the media into constantly talking about him and help him win the election.
- The Member Berries in the Oval Office are lined up like soldiers/Stormtroopers.
- Ike’s Internet history shows a search for “Canadian TV Stars” (he’s Canadian) and a search for “Chinpokomon Sun and Moon” (a parody of the new Pokemon game). Gerald’s Internet history shows he uses Twitter, Reddit, and Tumblr.
I Learned Something Today (interpretations of the episode’s messages):
- Note: With this season’s serialized storytelling, it doesn’t really make sense to interpret a single moral from an episode, so instead I’ll point out a few satiric jabs.
- South Park questions itself by asking if their satire is nihilistic and unnecessarily mean as it often tells people the things they freak out about really don’t matter. They seem to come to the conclusion that they aren’t because they’re actually funny (while also acknowledging they’re immature and cocky). [Gerald arguing with the Trolltrace CEO and winning by kicking him in the balls.]
Did I miss anything? Comment/reblog/message me and I’ll update the post!