MICRO REVIEW | JUNKY
- This round’s prompt is: the last book you finished
- Answer as elaborately as you want!
- Tag friends to make their own micro reviews
- Use the “library of micro reviews” tag if you want your review to be featured! (for @thelibraryofmars)
1. Title and author:
Junky by William S. Burroughs.
2. What made you pick it up?
I stopped at the biggest bookstore in Athens and bought the smallest book on my TBR because I really didn’t want to make my bag any heavier.
3. Was it what you expected?
I actually went into this with pretty much no expectations. The ending is really abrupt and sometimes information (i.e., that the narrator is married with children) comes out of nowhere halfway through the narrative, but I can’t tell if that’s narrative sloppiness or a deliberate attempt to recreate the one-track mindset of someone with a heroin habit, where everything else falls by the wayside.
4. Would you read the sequel?
Uh, Junky doesn’t have a sequel but I would read more by William S. Burroughs. He has a really fascinating voice and (obviously) some culturally important life experience.
Use a gif to describe this book.
And I tried to tag people but they’ve changed their URLs and I can’t find them? I’ve been on hiatus a while. (Sorry.)