1) Jason’s death was widely covered by the media and caused outrage since people weren’t happy with how a friendly kid character like Robin was killed in such a brutal way nor the whole voting thing.
2) Tim Drake in the 90s Batman show is Jason in every way expect name and his obsession with Batman. Bruce Timm and Paul Dini (the show creators) revealed that the reason why Tim was pretty much Jason 2.0 was because they actually wanted Jason, but they couldn’t use him because DC wanted to promote Tim.
3) It was noted that Dick Grayson in the 90s Batman movies has some of Jason’s traits.
4) Robin in the Teen Titans show was a mix of the first three Robins (Dick, Jason and Tim) as it was confirmed by the show creators despite the fact that they give him the first Robin’s name.
5) Jason is teased as one of the possible identities of Red X and Beast Boy completely believe that he is Jason.
6) Jason was referred by name in the Birds of Prey show where he was mentioned in a conversation between Barbara and Helena.
7) Jason was mentioned in the Batman: TBB show as a reference to DITF.
8) Jason first official appearance is in the 2010 Batman: Under the Red Hood animated movie.
9) UTRH is the second best selling DC animated movie and considered by many as one of DC best projects.
10) UTRH was referred once in the Supernatural tv show starring Jensen Ackles who was the voice actor of Red Hood in the movie (whenever Jensen was asked about which superhero he would want to play, he always answer Red Hood and seems to be quite fond of Jason).
11) In the episode “Satisfaction” of YJ S2, an image of Jason as Robin is seen as part of the JLA’s memorial. Greg Weisman (YJ creator) was once asked by a fan if he was ever interested in using Red Hood and he replied that he would be happy to use Jason).
12) Jason was referred couple of times in TTG.
13) John Blake in the Dark Knight trilogy (who’s real name is revealed to be “Robin”) shared many elements of the first three Robins (He shared Jason’s background and some of his traits).
14) In one of the Big Bang Theory season 2 episodes, Sheldon and comic book owner Stuart argue over who would be Batman’s successor where Stuart argued that Jason should be Batman.
15) Jason was confirmed to be the died Robin who was referred in Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad and was actually the first batfamily member besides Alfred to be confirmed to exist in the DCEU. Whether they are planning to bring him back as Red Hood or not has yet to be seen.
16) It was noted by fans that Roy Harper from the Arrow series shared a lot of similarities with Jason and it was actually acknowledged by the writers when they made allusion to Jason in the show.
17) In the popular Arkham game series, Jason was referred by the joker in AA, was the titular character in the final part of series, has a DLC as Red Hood, was referred in Arkham VR and his Arkham Knight design considered by some to be one of the best comic book character design.
18) Jason as Red Hood is playable character in the handheld version of LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and on console version for LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.The LEGO Batman Movie Red Hood’s design draws from both the joker and Jason and his LEGO.com biography teases that it could either of them.
19) Jason was referred by the joker in the first game of Injustice, was playable character as AK in the mobile version and was confirmed as the first DLC in I2.
20) Red Hood was trending on twitter after his gameplay trailer was revealed (he was the only injustice character besides the joker to get trending) and the watchtower live stream of his gameplay had over 10k people watching online. In 2017 E3, Ed Boon (NRS director) revealed that Jason is by far the most requested character and the reaction and response they got over him were the biggest they ever got over a DC character (go Jason!).
[Seo Byung Gi’s Pop Culture Review] Meanwhile, Just Like a Marvel Movie… BTS is Flying
BTS’ Sky Dome concert was, in one word, enormous. Going from AX Hall in 2014 to Gocheok Dome in 2017, BTS’ concert have risen to a global scale and level.
BTS (Rap Monster, Suga, J-Hope, Jin, Jimin, V, Jungkook) began their world tour for their “2017 BTS LIVE TRILOGY EPISODE III in Seoul” on February 18th-19th at the Seoul Gocheok Sky Dome. They will continue by holding 19 concerts in 11 cities for a total of 8 countries: Chile, Brazil, USA, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong, and Australia.
BTS is the 4th singing group to perform in Gocheok Dome following EXO, PSY, and Big Bang. With their recent 2 concerts, BTS had 40,000 people in attendance.
Many reporters flock to artists’ concerts and fan meetings for content. However, it’s not easy for them to sit through a fan meeting. That’s because they’ll be hearing lots of cringeworthy words that are difficult to swallow if you’re not a fan.
On that day, after BTS performed their songs for 2 hours and 40 minutes and with their new song ‘Spring Day’ remaining, they engaged in a long talk with the audience. This was the time with their so-called fan-club named “ARMY”.
On that day, after congratulating J-Hope for celebrating his birthday and as he began to relay his thanks and other words, those words didn’t seem that cringeworthy. The reporters weren’t “ARMY”, but they were able to feel the sincerity that the group was trying to convey. Hearing them say things like, “You guys are the sky and we’re flying in that sky” and “Whenever we read your letters, we think 'So this is the kind of life they’re living’, 'So they have these kinds of sufferings’, and we’re glad that we were able to learn that. From now on, let’s grow our wings and go towards more spring days” made me realize how BTS wanted to communicate.
The concert that day was quite a sight to see. The 5 sequenced videos that were shown between stages were fantastic. While their stage was sophisticated, it also felt like a cyber world from a Marvel film.
The 7 members’ dances were cute, adorable, marvelous, and alluring. They were glowing with health, too.
BTS stages consisted of group tracks, solo tracks, 4-member tracks, and 3-member tracks, but there was still an overall feeling of balance and harmony. A big strength of BTS was that with 7-member idol groups, there’s always a chance for members to be divided into the mains and the subs, yet not of the BTS members were falling behind at all.
They displayed an even bigger strength by being able to command the flow even under such a strong atmosphere. They’re not just being trendy, but watching them run towards their goal and seeing their story of growth unfold makes you want to cheer them now. We want to examine how they overcome their 'Blood, Sweat, and Tears’ from school and the temptations of youth.
Both the beautiful Jungkook (Begin) and his appealing stage and the pink-haired Jimin (Lie) with his blindfolded performance showed that their stages were no easy feats. Suga showed his charms with 'First Love’ through his rebellious yet sorrowful rapping.
Rap Monster’s 'Reflection’, the soul-captivating V’s 'Stigma’, and J-Hope’s 'MAMA'—who projected childhood photos of himself—all showed emotional performances.
In the handsome Jin’s solo track for 'Awake’, a string sound was presented in both the intro and outro. From this performance, you can feel that Jin is good at singing ballads. The lyrics were concretely conveyed.
Regarding reactions that the music video for the new track 'Spring Day’ reminded some of the Sewol tragedy, Rap Monster stated that he’d “leave that up for interpretation to those who watch and admire the video”, also adding that “we have given donations to services that support those affected by the Sewol tragedy and to families of the deceased”.
Although all idol groups grow, I could especially feel BTS’ evolution and identity through their performance that day. They don’t have just intensity. When J-Hope sang 'MAMA’ and when Jin sang 'Awake’, the lyrical and emotional feelings come straight to life.
They effectively combine strength and smoothness, aiming straight forward but also straying, rationality and emotions. That is how they removed the feeling of them being machine-like idols.
All in all, BTS’s strength to push their music along is slowly growing. They are not content with simply directed songs and music videos. They are determined to be a “concept idol” group. Music that internalizes with you and takes the lead, that is the strength they use to push their music and make their storytelling even stronger.
Of the idol group concerts, the performance the BTS showed that day will be one worth remembering.
Largest K-pop Concert tours with the biggest audience
1. #1 BIGBANG-MADE (2014 - 2015)
This tour drew a whopping 1.5 million people across 66 shows. With this tour, they hold the record for Most attended concert tour by a Korean act of all time in Japan, China, the United States, and Australia. This is why the members of Big Bang are called Kings.
2. #2 BIGBANG-0.TO.10 (2016 - 2017)
The latest tour by Big Bang drew in 1.38 million people across 32 shows. They concentrated a lot on Japan for this tour as nearly 85% (1.167 million) of the audience came from their shows in Japan. K-pop might be popular in China but a bulk of the concert tour money comes from Japan.
4. #4 BIGBANG-ALIVE (2012 - 2013)
This tour drew an audience of 800,000 people. They held a total of 48 shows as they visited cities in Asia, North America, South America and Europe.
5. #5 BIGBANG-Japan Dome Tour (2013 - 2014)
Big Bang is on this list… a lot. A total of 771,000 audience members for 16 shows.
8. #8 BIGBANG-Japan Dome Tour X (2014 - 2015)
With this tour, Big Bang became the first foreign artist to hold a complete 5-dome tour in Japan in back to back years. A total of 741,000 audience members for 16 shows.
11. #11 G-Dragon-One Of A Kind World Tour (2013)
This is the largest solo tour for a K-pop artist. G-Dragon’s One of a Kind World Tour visited 8 countries (Korea, Japan, China/Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore) and gathered 570,000 people from 27 shows.
What are the differences between JiKook and celebrity couples, kept in secret from public?
…there are none :D Please, don’t take this too seriously. I’m
not trying to prove anything with this, but I just accidentally bumped into
this video about Weightlifting Fairy couple (Lee Sung Kyung & Nam Joo Hyuk) with 4 ‘hints’ that made fans “see it coming”,
described. And as clicked through the video, it all seemed familiar.
(Of course I don’t think that these things have to always prove something!
Sometimes netizens just see things that aren’t there and people are just
friends. But these two beauties are now official and so cute!♥)
Hmm, what could that be? 1: Spending free time together and having a date at Coldplay concert.
Well, Jikook + wingman Hobi went to a Big
Bang concert last year:
2: They kissed when they hadn’t had to kiss…
Jikook never kissed in front of cameras,
but we have these things like back hugging when it’s not in script or there are
no fans to do “fanservice” for:
of a kiss! Shouted out to the world.
we don’t have a kiss, but we have this cute and little embarrassing moment of
Jimin, telling everyone Jungkook hugs him to sleep: (And Kookie being
flustered.) (I couldn’t find the original video from the fansign, it just
disappeared. But it was this fansign so I just made this illustrating picture
3: Attending fan meetings.
Well :D Jikook always attend each other’s
fan meetings, because, you know, they’re in the same group. But awkward and
full of giggling? (Check.):
4: Posting their pictures on Instagram.
BTS don’t have private Instagrams, not
that we are aware of. Buttt they have Twitter and we all know how gladly Jimin
and Jungkook use it :3
4,5: Posting pictures that show they hang
out together in their free time.
Should I even say something? Jikook are
pros at showing us they’re hanging out together ♥:
would be it. As I said, I only made this compilation because I found it quite
hilarious. But they just do 54587 of couple-ish things. PS: I’m glad Weightlifting
Fairy couple are real :33 They melt my heart.