When I read “Satan as the good guy” texts I of course came across the two main satanic groups Church of Satan and The Satanic Temple.
Neither group actually believes in Satan (or God for that matter) but they both use him as a symbol of defiance.
Church of Satan is of the “Do what you will, there are no rules, but try not to be a dick” mindset, while The Satanic Temple is more of the “Try to make the world a better place, respect other’s freedom, fight back against oppressors” mindset. Both also have a great respect for science.
Church of Satan is responsible for the Satanic Bible and has rituals and black masses as symbolic gestures, while The Satanic Temple mostly just have “rituals” for fun, like their pink mass where gay people kissed over the gravestones of noted homophobic people. The Satanic Temple’s main thing is fighting for women’s right to abortion, protecting children form corporal punishment, gay people’s right to marry and religious freedom.
They are not entirely Tumblr friendly though because they believe that you can say whatever you want, even if it’s deeply offensive, as long as you don’t harm people. So you can say women should have no rights, but if you try to take their rights away there will be trouble.
And if you’re wondering where all the goths went, look no further than the Satanic groups.
Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.
The person who takes every opportunity to “pick on” others is often mistakenly called “sadistic”. In reality, this person is a misdirected masochist who is working towards his own destruction. The reason a person viciously strikes out against you is because they are afraid of you or what you represent, or are resentful of your happiness. They are weak, insecure, and on extremely shaky ground when you throw your curse, and they make ideal human sacrifices.
1. In this arid wilderness of steel and stone I raise up my voice that you may hear. To the East and to the West I beckon. To the North and to the South I show a sign proclaiming: Death to the weakling, wealth to the strong!
2. Open your eyes that you may see, Oh men of mildewed minds, and listen to me ye bewildered millions!
3. For I stand forth to challenge the wisdom of the world; to interrogate the “laws” of man and of “God”!
4. I request reasons for your golden rule and ask the why and wherefore of your ten commandments.
5. Before none of your printed idols do I bend in acquiescence, and he who saith “thou shalt” to me is my mortal foe!
6. I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad redeemer, and write over his thorn-torn brow: The TRUE prince of evil- the king of the slaves!
7. No hoary falsehood shall be a truth to me; no stifling dogma shall encramp my pen!
8. I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness.
9. I raise up in stern invasion the standard of the strong!
10. I gaze into the glassy eye of your fearsome Jehovah, and pluck him by the beard; I uplift a broad-axe, and split open his worm-eaten skull!
11. I blast out the ghastly contents of philosophically whited sepulchers and laugh with sardonic wrath!
Source: The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LeVay. 2005. Print. Pg. 30.