hey! i'm headed to michigan soon for a school trip and we have a few free days. any recommendations on what i should check out while i'm there?
Awesome! Where are you headed? I’m from the Ann Arbor area. :)
1. Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn
2. Pinball Petes in Ann Arbor
3. Literally any apple orchard would be fun to go to if you don’t normally go to them in your home state
4. Detroit Institute of Arts
5. Detroit African American History Museum
6. Mackinaw Island
7. Sleeping Bear Dunes near Traverse City
8. Literally just go to Detroit. Greek town is fun and Campus Martius usually has stuff going on. I’d check online to see what events are happening!
9. Kayaking on Lake Michigan
10. Hiking up north literally anywhere is beautiful. The upper peninsula is the place to go if you love foresty nature.
11. Ann Arbor usually has a lot of events going on!
12. Frankenmuth is a cute town where it’s Christmas all year long and has Christmas stores and fudge and a badass cheese factory lol.
13. Check out the University of Michigan (that’s where I went!)
14. Grand Rapids is also a huge city with a lot of events going on.
15. Grand Rapids has one of the largest indoor/outdoor gardens called Meijer Gardens.
Honestly there’s more to do in the summer but these were just some things I enjoying doing :) I hope you have an awesome trip! Where is your field trip going to be?