So, I just watched “The Nightmare Before Christmas” for the first time
And it was GREAT. I LOVED IT. I don’t know how I went this long without ever watching it fully (as I’d only seen gifs or bits and pieces while flipping through channels~) Final thoughts:
- This movie is…so incredibly amazing? Like the animation is something else entirely, and the way things move is just…wow, props to everyone.
- I love the color schemes and the overarching buildings and layouts in the background, totally ups the spook level.
- And the subtle romance between Sally and Jack is just AGH, my HEART. I mean, of course there was yearning and of course there was a love ballad, but it wasn’t just “BAM, LOVE” there were a lot of moments that built up to the end scene in front of the moon, aaah~
- …But here’s some other, more “on brand” things I noticed:
- I got EXTREME ‘ler vibes from my good ol’ pal the Pumpkin King. Jack is…oof. Just a lot.
- And FRICKIN’ Oogie Boogie got SO excited when he saw Sally’s leg caught in the fence and did his whole tickle monster routine? I think @ticklewitch said he said “tickle,” what, NINE TIMES?
- PLUS HE GOT SO MAD WHEN HE FOUND OUT HE WASN’T ACTUALLY TICKLING ANYONE, J E E Z: the whole “Do you take me for a dupe?!” line & everything, like he would’ve been more than happy to stay put doin’ his thing minus the fact he actually wasn’t doing anything? And that’s what set him off-
Overall rating: 8.5 lee moods out of 10, would absolutely watch and squirm through again.