I watched Zico's 4 Things Show and the PD mentioned something about this thing that happened after Zico's debut.. What exactly happened?
Idk if you want me to list all the shit Block B had been through cause let me give you a short list of that.
- Freeze! Era, the video was called too sexual so it wasn’t showed on TV before 10 pm. P.O got hate messaged because he was “copying” T.o.p. from Big Bang. Basically they got compared to bigbang alot before debut which isn’t even fair?
- Forced to switch to Wanna B cause even the remake of Freeze was banned yet again. The promoting time was way too short.
- never had a proper full stage for Tell Them.
- a fan gave Ukwon a handmade bracelet which he gave to his girlfriend. People got mad. He came out for dating this beautiful model lady and they’re very happy and he apologized. They’re still together.
- the soy chicken incident. Don’t fucking get me fucking started. During match up (it’s a TV show) b1a4 and block b had to get food for each other and bring it to each other. Block B couldn’t find the soy chicken the b1a4 boys wanted so they got soy sauce and chicken and poured it on the chicken in front of the boys. People went MENTAL cause apparently this was disrespectful. Death threats followed. Yes I know. Unbelievable. B1a4 and Block b are good friends so wtf fans wtf.
- P.O had to pay for the stage outfits.
I’m pretty sure they’re referring to the Thailand incident in the 4 things show which was highly fucking unnecessary and still makes me angry up until this day. So here’s what happened.
Block B held an interview with a media outlet in 2012 and it was a month after the tragedy flood in Thailand. Block B is well known to giving money to charities and the needy. Zico said: ‘With this monetary aid, we hope that you will feel better. The only thing we have is money.’ However, when he was asked how much money he had, he replied: ‘About 7000 won‘, and the members laughed hard cause 7000 won is about US $6. This stirred a whole shit storm. He didn’t even say it in a joking manner, he was quite serious. The other members burst out laughing at this, because of his lack of money, not laughing because he ever said he was only going to donate that much money for the victims of the flood.
The mistranslation of this interview, making it seem like Block B only felt like Thailand should get 6 dollars when they were highly in need of money to rebuild their houses, was the reason for a lot of hatred. This wasn’t even the case. The fact that their label back then, Stardom, hadn’t paid the boys properly for all their work up untill now, was the main reason Zico has only fucking 6 dollar in his pocket. It’s ironic.
They got so much hatred for this; Zico shaved his head(in Asia, shaving your head shows deep remorse) and they made a video to apologize for their actions (even tho they didn’t even do anything wrong!!). They also wrote personal apology letters and many other idols wrote mean tweets towards them, showing their disappointment towards them.
At the shows they performed on because they were in the middle of Nalina promotions, the bowed their head deeply in remorse of their actions constantly. They were basically shunned by every other artist, not bowing back and just walking past them with the exception of a few like Jay Park. He bowed back and he was basically the only one who spoke to them, probably because he knows what it’s like to be in a situation like that. B.A.P also clapped and bowed towards them, bless those babies. (Great I’m crying now)
There was a petition for Block B to kill themselves. This suicide petition freaked out Pyo so much that he was hospitalized. Also fans were mad at his dad’s wealth???
They sued Stardom for not paying them, the ceo ran off with the money and killed himself. They lost the case and Block B ran out of Stardom and went m.i.a. for a while before coming back with a label for their own; Seven Seasons. Be The Light came out and the boys were back and doing great. That’s why be the light is so important to the BBC’S.
You see Block B has gone through a lot of unnecessary shit. Maybe that’s why the hardcore BBC’S don’t run away from them whenever some anti fan calls them problematic again. We’ve been through that all, we can handle shit a little more than others.