For funsies: what are your favorite romantic tropes and kekta-esque dramatic tropes? And then 3 categories: pre 2010, post 2010, overall; fave main male, fave main female, fave sup. male, fave sup. female, fave vamp, fave villain, OTP, greatest injustice, something in the story that should be fixed and fave romantic / title song. Have fun! :)
Oh mannnnn. What a questionnnnnnn. Dharam sankat mein daal diya! It took me forever to think up the answers! But I had a good time man, I had a good time! 🤓🤓🤓
- Couples who are complete opposites, uniting for a “mission” and working together as a team.
- Bonus points if the scene has them hiding in a very tiny space together, where they have to be all pressed up against each other. 😏😏😏
- Any romantic moment where one of them has to help the other with something they’re wearing - doris for the women, in particular. Ties/broken buttons for the men. 😍😍😍
- A related trope that annoys me though: Jewelry from the girl tangling on the guy’s clothes. 😒😒😒
- The men holding on to the jewelry the women have dropped around them, and staring at it all angstily and lovelorn. 😊😊😊
- Tenderness when the other one is asleep/awakes from a nightmare. 😭😭😭
- Having to share a living space unwillingly, and putting up with each others’ idiosyncrasies. 😆😆😆
- Sharing a bed, and waking up unintentionally tangled up in each other is top fave! 😚😚😚
- Fake PDA (to convince ppl their fake relationship is real) that quiccccckly turns real. 😏😏😏
- Arguments about whether “faraq padta hai”. 🙃🙃🙃
- That period when the shitty male lead finds out that he misunderstood the female lead for no reason and wants to die of guilt. Love that male angst. Cry, you bastard, CRYYYYYYYY!!!!!! I LOVE IT! 😎😎😎
Fave Main Male
- Pre 2010: Ugh, I loved stupid Angad from Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai soooo much, despite him being quite shitty.
- Post 2010: Arnav Singh Raizada/Shivaay Singh Oberoi
- Overall: Shivaay Singh Oberoi has my heart right now.
Fave Main Female
- Pre 2010: Hmmm… Tough call… imma go a little bit unconventional and pick someone I haven’t seen anyone talk about: Maithili from KGGK. She was so strong and solid and… Yet, so normal, like the rest of us. Till today, I remember that one scene where she admits her jealousy and angst on seeing Adi marry that… other girl, whatever her name was… even though, he’s doing so on her urging. Ugh paaaaaaaaain. 😖😖😖
- Post 2010: Paakhi Rathore/Anika
- Overall: Anika. She’s being a tad annoying these days, but overall, she’s my absolute fav. tellywood heroine everrrrrrrrrrr!
Fave Supporting Male
- Pre 2010: Manthan Virani from Kyunki. Evil + Snarky = Love.
- Post 2010: Omkara Singh Oberoi/Rudra Singh Oberoi
- Overall: The OLD Omkara Singh Oberoi. 😶😶😶
Fave Supporting Female
- Pre 2010: Eh… I can’t even remember anyone at this point. 😕😕😕
- Post 2010: Still pretty much drawing a blank…
Sumo, I guess? 🤔🤔🤔
- ETA: OMFG, HOW COULD I FORGET - Lavanya from IPKKND!!!!!!!! 😧😧😧😧 Dude I fucking love Lavanya and what a good friend she became to Khushi by the end. Her departure scene is one of the scenes that makes me cry the most from IPK. La + Chamkili 4Lyf. 💘💘💘
- Overall: Lavanya Kashyap. 😘😘😘
- Special mention: I know that technically she’s not a supporting role, and is more of a cameo, but Surbhi J. as Mallika in IB is super special to me. I goddamn loved her + her dynamic with every single person in the show, and I need her to come back!!!!! 💖💖💖
- Pre 2010: Is there even an answer to this other than Komolika? 😆😆😆
- Post 2010:
Shows don’t have fabulous vamps anymore.
Svetlana rn, I guess? 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽
- Overall: THE QUEEN. 👑👑👑
- Pre 2010: Idk man… I really can’t remember anyone male from the pre-10s. All the good evil ones were ladies in Ekta’s shows.
- Post 2010: Shyam from IPKKND
- Overall: Daiyyya ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😈😈😈
- Pre 2010: Mukti’s death in Kasauti. 😩😩😩
- Post 2010: Aahil and Sanam not getting their happy ending in QH2. While we’re at it, Seher and Rehaan not getting their happy ending either. The whole of QH2, really. 😭😭😭
- Overall: Karanvir Bohra never getting the girl in his shows. 😞😞😞
Favourite Romantic/Title Song
- Pre 2010: Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai Title Track (especially the sad versions. Ow my fucking heart. 😪😪😪)
- Post 2010: Ek Duje Ke Vaaste Title Track/O Jaana
- Overall: O Jaana. (Female happy version; Male sad version)