1. What is one word you would use to describe yourself? Happy.
2. What is the song you can’t stop listening to right now? “Wait For It” on the Hamilton soundtrack.
3. What are you currently watching on Netflix? “13 Reasons Why.”
4. What is your favorite sports movie of all time? “Friday Night Lights.”
5. Go-to pregame meal? I’m an omelet extraordinaire. I have an omelet with veggies, meats, cheese – the works. And before workouts, I always make this yogurt parfait.
6. Do you have any pregame superstitions or rituals? I actually rid myself of superstitions, but I do a quick 20-minute meditation before games.
7. If you could have any three celebrities over for dinner, living or deceased, who would they be? The Obamas. Just me, President Obama and Michelle.
8. What was your AIM screen name? brownsuganumba9.
9. If you weren’t a professional athlete, what would your occupation be? Therapist or psychologist. Something in that field.
10. What is your go-to karaoke song? “Hey Ma” by Cam'Ron.
11. Who was your sports idol growing up? Serena Williams is my sports idol.
12. What is your favorite thing to do on an off day? Be in nature. Hike, or go to the beach. I love to be outside.
13. If soccer had “walk-up” songs, what would yours be? Bruno Mars’ “That’s What I Like”
14. What is your go-to emoji? It’s called pop star, but it’s the new one of the girl with paint on her face. She embodies me as a person.
15. If there were to be a movie about your life, who would you want to play you? Angelina Jolie.
16. What if your coach had to describe you in one word? What would he say? Brave.
17. Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies outside soccer? No hidden talents, but I have a lot of hobbies. Acrylic painting. I got a whole set and I light candles at night and sit there and paint and look out on Lake Michigan.
18. Favorite cheat meal? French fries. Skinny, thick cut, garlic fries, TRUFFLE fries … I love French fries.
19. One place you’ve never been that you want to visit? Tokyo.
Few weeks ago I ran into this thing at the movie theater. And I wondered what it was. There was no name, there was no plaque, there was no identifier around it. Just a strange skeleton in the middle of a shared foyer of a movie theater, sports venue, bowling hall and gym. What was this strange skeleton that had nothing that said what it was, that was so proudly on display for no apparent reason? What is the meaning behind a giant rodent-like creature to eat it’s own tail? Or was it just a very expensive promotion of Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them?
Then the answer came on my tumblr dashboard in a form of a freezeframe on a video as I was scrolling down.
There need to be more inspirational marching band movies. They have great potential for the inspirational sports movie plot. Just think:
A small town DCI group with a major losing streak gets a young, new, band director fresh out of college. He teaches the band to take pride in themselves and their music. Together with a bunch of his friends from college, he helps the band create a new identity for themselves and they go and melt faces with their music.
Only, before going to championships, tragedy strikes. Somebody, dies, or quits, or there’s some sort of betrayal. The band has to overcome it and become stronger as they learn how to perform with the same passion that they have when they’re happy as when they’re sad.
Another subplot could be that the band director or drum major is having trouble working up the confidence to propose to his longtime girlfriend. As the band goes on a journey of self discovery, so do they. At the very end, after winning the championship, they finally work of the courage to propose.
“We fly like blackbirds through the orange groves, floating on a warm wind. When we run, we own the earth. The land is ours. We speak the birds’ language. Not immigrant no more. No stupid Mexicans. When we run, our spirits fly. We speak to the gods. When we run, we are the gods.”
This is a better organized version of the initial one I posted several months ago; to see a live example of my about sheet being used, you can view it in its completed entirety on a character account of mine! This about sheet is supposed to be a ‘catch-all’ and cover everything but not be too complex that it’s overwhelming (so it’s the Goldilocks of being just right); things can of course be filled out later, revised and etc… (used and updated however you please). I’d also like to say thank you to all of you that use my about sheet; I’ve been complimented, linked to and mentioned on many occasions by roleplays using my about sheet for a task of theirs and I think that’s really awesome! Thank you to everyone that utilizes it and is able to get the most out of it! Remember, this is tailored to each of your characters and can be adjusted as needed!
So, I’m a bit of a nerd. I admit it. When I first got into this sugaring thing several years ago, I was lost. I stumbled around, was taken advantage of several times, I had lots of dates blow up in my face (pun intended). And I really got nothing out of it. So, this second time around, I wanted to make sure I didn’t waste my time.
My solution? READ
I purchased lots of books (on my Kindle) on sugar babying (if that’s a verb). Taylor B. Jones’s book. The Liedra Lawson book (even though it’s now laughably dated). The Ho Tactics book (personal favorite). Among others. I read this shit out of these last summer and go back to them frequently.
And one of my favorite tips from all of them, specifically Taylor’s book, is automated responses.
Before, I used to spend so much damn time answering messages and talking all about myself when most men would NEVER put that much effort into responding to me. It was exhausting! It made searching for a sugar daddy even more of a job than it already felt like. I was not having it. So, I came up with a system.
1) On my profile, I specifically state that men must a) tell me their name, b) must share their private photos with me before requesting mine, c) must state why they think we’d be a good match based on my profile. If they do not do all three, I simply send back a message stating “Hi __blank___. Please see my profile for tips on messaging me and requesting my private photos. Thank you and have a happy __whateverdayitis___.” That is #AutomatedResponse1.
2) When they do follow instructions –Keep in mind, those that don’t, will NOT get a response from me. If they won’t take the time to do three simple things, I know they won’t take the time to be good SDs. Very easy way to weed out fakes! –anyway, I respond with a more lengthy automated message. A) I tell them thank you for their message. B) I write something person from their profile that caught my attention. C) Then I ask 5 questions that I expect them to answer. My questions are i) what are they looking for in a relationship/how many arrangements have they had? ii) what’s they’re relationship status. iii) why did they want a sugar baby in the first place iv) what are their likes -sports, movies, food, etc.. And v) what is their budget for an arrangement. After all, if their budget is too low, then I don’t want to waste anyone’s time here.
Also note, those men who don’t want to answer question 5 about budgets, have always consistently ended up screwing me over. So now, if they don’t answer or say “Let’s talk about it in person”, I write them off. Fuck anyone who won’t take the time to answer my questions, number one. And number two, if they don’t have a budget in mind or don’t want to tell you what it is, they don’t have one. They just want to fuck you for free. Which I’m not about.
I’ve learned a lot with these automated questions. A guy might seem really nice and then as soon as I send this message, he’ll call me all sorts of names simply for trying to get some basic info from him. Or likewise, a guy will seem on the cheap side but when he answers, will pleasantly surprise me with his ideal arrangement budget. It’s a quick way to get info. I keep these questions in a Google Doc and simply copy and paste them into messages and change only subtle things, depending on what I read in my POTs profile.
I’ve found this really helps streamline the process of messaging guys back and getting as much info with the minimal amount of effort. Please feel free to take my questions! Remember, if he won’t answer the questions, he’s not worth your time!
rude, has a stick up his ass, not a morning person, probably has a shrine dedicated to jeremy knox in his bedroom, his blood is probably just dissolved protein shakes, exy is sexy, string bean, everyone's son and everyone's boyfriend at the same time, probably thought that eating spinach actually made you strong after watching popeye as a kid, thinks sports movies are romantic, would use his own body for target practice if he got half the chance
neil "not fine" josten:
35 lies per hour, has literally never been fine. like ever. in his whole entire life, mommy issues, sad tumblr hoe, human piñata, unhealthily obsessed with exy & andrew minyard, probably thinks smoking is fucking aesthetic, still uses internet explorer, neck fetish, the oblivious friend™, the salt content in his body beats that of the dead sea
smol, probably eats nutella for breakfast, definitely drinks milk straight from the carton, *says he'll stab you* *will actually stab you*, as emo as emo can get, i'm talking like emo as an actual fucking metal trash can, desensitised to every color except for black, talks like a fucking comic book villain, will fight any sentient being
angery, hates virtually everyone, *cough* homophobe *cough*, "i'm going to pretend i don't know you", transforms into a 12 y/o whenever he's within the same radius as his crush, only marginally less emo than his brother, probably listens to a lot of rap, science is kewl
Miss Dan Probably Wilder Than You:
BAMF, the best friend you wished you had, the girlfriend you wished you had, "he fell into a tank of piranhas", pack alpha, starts feminist debates at parties, Stressed, the mom friend
is fabulous, boss ass bitch, looks like a princess but could literally kill you, has watched every buffy the vampire slayer episode at least 5 times, drives a very pink car, has probably used her stilettos to kick a guy in the nuts, out of even god's league
nicky hemmlickk ;):
is loyal, the inappropriate friend, everything he says is an innuendo, the gay cousin who turns out to be gayer than you initially thought, always suspiciously cheery, probably tweets his entire life, TMI bro, ONLY EVER TEXTS LIKE THIS, will spank your ass as a greeting instead of a handshake & drive you home from work/school
renee Keep Walking:
cute but she once plotted murders, the brand ambassador of cinnabon like she is literally the purest cinnamon roll, back tf up or you'll probably get bitch-slapped (by a holy bible), she's the cool older sister you've always wished you had kinda friend, a little gay for allison reynolds, her hair probably looks like a swirl of fucking twix yogurt??
matt oh boy!:
fucking angel, protect him, no seriously, he like, descended from the heavens above, stays out of his girlfriend's fights despite his better judgement bc he knows she can handle her own battles, gym rat, he recovers like a prostitute who converted to being a nun, neil josten is his pride & joy & if you touch a single hair on his head your ass gon' get whopped, did i mention Neil Josten Protection Squad 2kFuckingForever Founder & Councellor??, the sweetest human bean in the entire series imho
seth "should've stayed in school" gordon:
dead as a doorknob & a bigger dick than a rich white artist evading questions about cultural appropriation on Saturday Night Live, but you kinda feel sorry for him anyway because the author knows how to round out all her bloody characters
A lot of sports movies—in my personal opinion—make the mistake of focusing too much on the actual game or the stuff on the field. If you want to watch a game, you watch a game. That’s where the drama really is, but when the game is playing out on-screen, you know it’s scripted and the outcome is determined. The drama of that moment is not quite the experience you get when you watch a real game.