a few things i have learnt on self love.
- when they say time heal they mean time will heal if you allow it too time will heal if you acknowledge there are wounds time will heal if you know you are flawed
and that’s okay to admit it will take nothing but time and courage to realize what has scarred you but you know what? life is filled with ups and downs you’re going to learn that life is a river that will flow forward not matter how rocky or crooked the path is.
keep looking forward and let time heal, it’s okay to cry now but i want you to know, before you there is a future let time do its work.
- you will lose hope, courage and faith. you will collapse to your knees one day wondering why you have to bleed for a heart that feels so heavy and eyes that never stop crying. and you know what? it’s not okay, it’s not okay to feel this way that’s why i am going to ask you to cry. bleed. hurt. be in pain. but no matter what it is, you get back up. you get back up and you see that sunset you love, if everything you love in life is lost then create new memories. it’s not okay, and things like this might happen again, but when life knocks you down you get back up and prepare yourself for another good fight. and you will win, and by win i mean, every breath you take you will feel alive again and not wanting to be dead.
- when you stand in front of the mirror and you’re wondering why you’re not pretty/handsome enough. stop. you’re beautiful. you’re damn beautiful. you are going to ask me how i know, and i know, cause when you’re 65 and you have wrinkles and you’re walking slowly cause your knees hurt it won’t matter how you looked when you’re 15 cause someone will fall in love with you. not only for your looks but for the way you spoke, the way you fall in love with everything, and that and more. you are beautiful not only because of you are on the outside, but who you are on the inside and trust me my grandmother said it didn’t matter if my grandfather was good looking he was the only man who got her jokes.
you don’t have to beautiful according to society rules, you are beautiful. there is no predefined standard, and you don’t have to be beautiful for someone to fall in love with you.
if love was shallow, you wouldn’t have many poets or authors around writing about it, trust me.
you do you, you make your own choices, and if any of these days you feel like you’re not good enough or as pretty/handsome as your friends, you stop and you realize how goddamn beautiful you are and you can be.
- people are going to hurt you. bad. some people might mean it some people might not. and you know in hurt comes the sense of revenge but at the end of the day there is only you left. you cannot let anyone take away your happiness away from you, if a person makes you and happy and you’re dependent on that person that is fine. you’re worth all happiness, but know if a person hurts or leaves you, and this person made you happy, let them go. it’s not worth it to have something so poison you because it feels good, cause at the end of the day, the poison remains and you turn into dust so let it go. you will find better people, you will let go of relationships, and you will find more happiness in what you bring yourself then what others bring to you. and if you find more happiness with what people bring to you, that is okay as well, just remember at the end of the day YOU matter.
- lastly, the thing i learnt about life is that, man it fucking sucks sometimes but there is nothing i wouldn’t do to get up every morning and see that damn sunset. because right now i am alive. i am life. i am the universe. i am everything i want to be.
and nothing will stop me.
and it shouldn’t stop you either.
so try loving yourself, put the puzzle pieces together, the fight is worth it.
and i stand with you.