a/n: Tumblr mobile is being stupid and won’t let me hold their names so I’m sorry that they are hard to find a certain character. Slight mentions of puking in this. nothing graphic at all but I wanted to pre-warn you. in Sodapop’s, Johnny’s, and Two-Bit’s.
Darry and you would drink together. You both usually only go for a light buzz but sometimes one of you will drink a bit more without realizing. If he noticed you getting a bit more drunk he’d immediately stop drinking so he could take good care of you and bring you home. He’d put you into something to sleep in and get you into bed. The next day your hangover is usually only a headache so he’ll leave some pills and water beside the bed before he goes to work.
You stumbled into the house as your boyfriend Darry supported you. When he helped you out of the car you refused to be carried but he was practically dragging you as you both walked.
As Darry turned to shut the front door you tried to step on your own and stumbled a bit. He caught you and finally decided just to picked you up.
“Come on, lady, let’s get you to bed.” he murmured and carried you to the room you both shared.
Sodapop didn’t drink but he wasn’t opposed to it so he never minded when you did. He would always make sure you got to where you needed to be safely. He liked to bring you to his house if you were drunk so he could take care of you the next day. He was very comforting when you had a hangover.
Your head was hanging over the toilet as you struggled to hold your hair back and hold yourself up at the same time. You were shaking a bit as you did so. A moment later you heard someone step into the room and you knew it was your boyfriend.
Sodapop immediately pulled a hair elastic of yours off of the sink and tied your hair back in a ponytail. It wasn’t good but it would do the job. He wet a washcloth with cool water and placed it on the back of your neck and gently rubbed your back.
“Go away..” you try fighting but he just shushed you gently.
“Don’t argue with me.” he stated and you honestly had no energy to although you wished he couldn’t see you like this. He didn’t seem to mind though and he would stay with you the whole time.
You weren’t a big drinker normally but if something bad happened in your life it was the first thing you would turn to and this would upset him a lot. He wished you would just come talk to him but he would never show his distaste for it until a couple of days later. He would be annoyed but still watch out for you when you were drunk and hungover because he knew if you were drinking you were already feeling upset about something and he wanted to make sure he was there whenever you were ready to talk.
“Ponyboy..” You whined trying to sit on your boyfriends lap. You were at a classmates party and you had been drinking all night. When you noticed your boyfriend had disappeared you stumbled around looking everywhere for him until you found him sitting on the front porch swing sipping a soda. You were sitting beside him and hanging on him trying to kiss him but he kept turning away.
“Why don’t we get you home, Y/N..” Ponyboy muttered.
“But home is not where the beer is..” You stated with a small laugh as you try to kiss him.
“Dammit, Y/N, will you stop that?” He snapped and shoved you off of him. He would regret it though when tears immediately started falling from your eyes. You had already been close to crying all night but this just did it for you.
“Fine..” You cried as you stood up to walk away from him. You decided just to walk yourself home and were halfway down the driveway, stumbling, as Ponyboy came up behind you. He would wrap his arms around your waist from behind to stop you.
“I’m sorry,” he sighed. “Let’s just.. let me take you home.”
Two-Bit loves drinking with you! He will always be up for a party with you and the next morning if you two are feeling crappy he’ll cuddle with you in bed and take you out for a late brunch.
You were laying in bed with your boyfriend Two-Bit as he held you in his arms. Your head was on his chest and you enjoyed the calming sound of his heart beat. After a moment the sun came out from behind the clouds and shone through the window right into your eyes. You immediately groaned and pressed your face into his neck.
“Do you want me to get you an aspirin?” he whispered and flinched a bit as his head ached.
“No..” you whined and clung closer to him. “Don’t get up.”
“But if I get up we can go get pancakes..” he murmured and you lifted your head slowly, a small smile on your face.
“Pancakes are good.”
Two-Bit laughed and pushed some hair out of your eyes. “Yea but only if you keep them down this time, pukey.”
Dally and you drink together just about every night without a problem and he loves it. But every once and a while you get pretty black-out drunk and the next morning get the worst hangovers that usually end up lasting for like three days. He’ll mostly leave you alone when this happens because he knows you’ll be a bit cranky but he’ll always leave you everything you could possibly need on the nightstand for when you wake up.
Dally had just got you home and up to your bedroom, somehow without your parents waking up. You were passed out cold but he wanted to make sure you were taken care of. He would gently wake you and carefully get you into some pajamas while you were still half asleep. He would also help you put your hair up.
After he tucked you into bed he would put a glass of water and some pills next to your bed along with a small trash bin. Before he left you he would sit down beside you and you would look up at him through half open eyes.
You murmured something unintelligible to him and he would just shake his head and kiss you before walking out.
Steve: (small swearing)
Steve and you love going to parties and drinking together but you do have a tendency to be an angry drunk. It scared him at first but now he deals with it easily.
You were fighting to get out of Steve’s grasp as he pulled you outside of the house that you to were at. You had just gotten into a screaming match with some girl and when things started to get physical Steve pulled you away before you could get hurt.
“Let me go, Steve. That bitch deserves it!” you scream pushing at his chest trying to get away. He gently grab your wrists gently and brought his forehead to yours.
“Breath, Y/N..” He demanded calmly.
“Are you kidding me?Let me go dammit. What the-”
“Hey!” Steve stopped you. “I’m not letting go until you talk a couple deep breathes for me. Okay?”
You glared at him but did as he asked and soon your hands relaxed out of the fists they had been in though you were still shaking a bit in rage.
“Let’s go..” he murmured and wrapped his arm around your waist so that he could hold you to him and guide you away.
“You suck!” you snapped at him and he just shook his head fondly.
“I love you too, babe.”
Johnny enjoys drinking with you on occasion but the downside is that you are not the best drunk. You tend to cry a lot and just keep babbling on. Even if no ones listening, or you feel sick, or your half asleep. Johnny will take care of you though.
You were standing outside of Buck’s after you had to run outside to be sick. Johnny followed after you and though he himself was stumbling a bit he held your hair back for you.
“I’m an awful person..” You said, sniffling as tears fell steadily from your eyes.
“Hey now..” Johnny said rubbing your back gently.
“No.. Really,” you insisted. “I’m awful I’m.. I’m just you know not cute.. and sometimes. Sometimes I’m really mean to people. And I’m.. I’m not really good at anything and I..”
You were crying so hard and could barely get the word out as you kept trying to list things to Johnny. He would pull you into a tight hug. “That’s my girlfriend you’re talking about. Be nice.”
“Do you love me?” You cried as you cling to him.
“Yea, I love you..” he said. “Now let’s get back inside. It’s freezing out here.”
Holy cow my other one of these got a lot of notes wtf okay. Well I made those really late at night when I couldn’t sleep and now it’s also really late at night and I can’t sleep so,,, Take these please
- Wears clothes that are a few sizes too big for him to bed
- most of the time it’s old shirts Darry can’t wear anymore because they have holes or stains
- Also wears super fuzzy socks almost all the time but mostly in winter
- HE WILL RUN AROUND THE HOUSE JUST TO SLIDE ON HIS FUCKING SOCKS DONT TELL ME HE WONT
- Has one of those really cheesy notebooks with horses all over them. He almost never writes in it, he just got it for the cover.
- After Darry and Ponyboy got their shit together with each other, anytime after that he saw Darry chewing Pony out for something really dumb, he would hit him over the head with a newspaper.
- Or any other nonlethal weapon he could find.
- He doesn’t just rub Darry’s back when he pulls a muscle, oh no- he rubs e v e r y o n e ’ s back.
- Steve is always hunching over to fix cars and making his back sore, so Soda has to often fix that.
- For Johnny it’s nice and soothing shoulder rubs or smooth, calming back rubs whenever he’s really upset or needs to calm down.
- I’LL BET YOU FIVE BUCKS DALLY HAS THE WORSE BACK EVER BECAUSE HE’S ALWAYS CRASHING ON EVERYONE’S SHITTY SPARE BED OR COUCH
- So Soda’ll rub his shoulders or something behind the couch when Dally’s there.
- But only when no one is around because he thinks it’s embarrassing.
- Whenever Ponyboy is laying on his stomach looking all peaceful Soda will do those really aggressive karate-chop massages to scare him awake.
- Not too hard tho just hard enough to scare the shit out of them.
- Two-Bit let’s him give him a back rubs sometimes, and he makes it seem like he’s just doing it for the funnies but he’s actually enjoying himself and it helps him relax.
- He has Golden Massage Powers™
- And remember when Pony said Soda can put anyone asleep when he sets his mind do it?
- He CAN and WILL.
- He hums a lot too.
- He’s not real good at it, but he isn’t bad at it, and sometimes can hit a really nice note, but just does it for fun.
- Will pet every dog/cat he sees walking down the street.
these are some pretty important things i think people should know bc it could help them w/ their character development or story in general. enjoy!
• sodapop would’ve joined dally in dirty talking cherry and marcia. and if they were greaser girls, ponyboy would’ve joined in as well.
• daLLY IS A FUCKING ASSHOLE WHO HAS JUMPED LITTLE KIDS BEFORE AND AN OLD MAN FOR HIS RING. HE’S NOT GONNA CHANGE HIS ENTIRE FUCKING PERSONALITY FOR YOUR CHARACTER.
• johnny is really good at hiding his emotions. he’s also a brave little shit who can get real sassy sometimes. yes, he is meek and shy, but when he feels the need he can be tough.
• steve is still in school. repeat after me, stEVE IS STILL IN SCHOOL AND ONLY WORKS PART TIME.
• the guys only watch their swearing and behavior around cousin-type girls. if your character is a new friend of pony’s who’s coming over for the first time, the gang isn’t gonna be super-duper nice to her and accept her 100%. they will probabaly be jerk-faces for a lil while, then chill out after she proves herself.
• two-bit wanted to drive to texas to look for ponyboy and johnny.
• darry goes skiing with his friends sometimes and was voted boy of the year. he was a popular, fun guy before he became the dad figure in the curtis household. yeah, he’s hella mature and dad-like now, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how to have fun.
• johnny was a good man in a rumble. i repeat : JOHNNY WAS A GOOD MAN IN A RUMBLE. HE COULD KICK ASS, OKAY.
• in the book, ponyboy kicked soc ass during the rumble. he is young and emotional, but he isn’t helpless. i personally hated the way the movie depicted him during the rumble; just letting the socs beat him up and crying out for darry the minute it begins. if you read the rumble excerpt, he obviously isn’t the best fighter but he can defend himself pretty well and can take a punch.
• johnny can take a whipping with a 2 by 4 without letting out a whimper. he isn’t gonna be on the floor unconscious after a punch to the gut, please and thank you.
• cherry is afraid of dissapointing her parents if they see her hanging with pony. i personally believe that cherry overcomes that fear and apologizes to ponyboy after ignoring him at school, and they become good friends. but the only true reason she doesn’t want to be seen with ponyboy is because of her parents. we see she clearly doesn’t really care about half of her “friends” or what she’s supposed to do as a soc (beer blasts and river bottom parties), so why would she care if her other friends saw her with pony?
I get so damn SALTY when people make fun of Pony or call him weak. Like, he’s fucking 14. Both of his parents died, and the person he loved most slapped him. Of course he’s gonna be upset?? Darry may not have meant to and we know he loves him, but that’s still a scary situation to be in. And then he watched his 2 best friends die and obviously the rest of the gang is gonna react differently. They’re older/more mature. He’s just a kid and y'all are calling him weak for having feelings.