Another new pasta recipe here for you to try out. It’s a delicious pasta cooked with smoked salmon and peas. (Off course, if you don’t like peas, you can take that out of the recipe.) The pasta is tomato based but it’s a very light tomato sauce.
The recipe makes a nice dinner for the summer. The dish is light but the salmon gives this dish a strong smoked flavor.
2 cups angel hair pasta
¼ cup smoked salmon
1/3 cup green peas (frozen or canned)
2 large tomatoes or 3 tbsp tomato paste + ½ cup water
1 clove garlic - minced
salt & pepper
1. In a small pot, first boil the tomatoes until they soften. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Then drain the water and mash the tomatoes into a sauce, season with salt and pepper, then cook for another 10 minutes.
2. In another pot, boil enough water to cook the pasta. Cook until al dente. Drain the pasta thoroughly when cooked.
3. Using a shallow pan, lightly cook the smoked salmon. Be careful not to break apart the salmon. Set the salmon aside.
4. Using the same pan, saute the minced garlic. Then add in the peas to saute until cooked. Lightly sprinkle salt & pepper atop.
5. Next, add tomato sauce into sauted peas. Keep the heat to medium-low. Carefully stir in the angel hair pasta, then lightly mix until sauce is well incorporated with the pasta. Add in cooked smoked salmon.
6. Plate to serve, then sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste. Finally add on Parmesan cheese.