Hello followers! I’m finally back posting after a few hectic weeks! Hope everyone is doing well & Happy Lunar New Year! I wish everyone a prosperous year of the goat!
I’ve only cooked a few times recently and haven’t been making new recipes. Here is one of the few I came up with. I honestly love the tangy and citrus flavors of this pasta from the capers and lemon juice. The extra crispy bed of kale just amps up the texture of the dish so much.
1 bunch kale
2 tbsp capers
¼ cup small shrimp
6-8 slices smoked salmon
½ cup cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup white wine
½ box of pasta
3 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
2 cloves garlic - minced
1. Boil a pot of water and prepare the pasta by cooking it to al-dente. I used angel hair, which took about 15 -20 minutes to cook on a slow stove. Sprinkle some salt into the water while boiling. When done, drain the water, and mix in 1 tbsp of olive oil and toss.
2. In a pan, heat up 0.5 tbsp of olive oil, the minced garlic and saute. Once the garlic browns, add in small shrimp and saute till cooked. Sprinkle on some salt & pepper. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
3. Using the same pan, add in the rest of the olive oil. Then, add in halved cherry tomatoes and saute for about 3-5 minutes. Then, add in chopped capers and saute. Squeeze in some lemon juice. (If you don’t like it too citrus, use less lemon juice!)
4. Add about ½ cup of water and let it simmer. Add in the wine and mix well. Let it cook for a few minutes and add the shrimp back in to the sauce. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
5. Add in a few slices of smoked salmon and sear it quickly. Add in the pasta and toss well with the sauce.
FOR THE KALE:
1. Rinse the kale well under cold water. Then pluck the leafy parts off the stem and place onto a baking pan.
2. Sprinkle on salt and olive oil, coat well. Then bake at 300'F for about 30 minutes until they crisp.