1. Always keep a bottle of water bottle nearby. Hydration is 🔑, your skin will thank you!
2. DON’T POP YOUR PIMPLES. EVER.
3. Honey + green tea=a mask that will reduce dark spots and acne
4. Exfoliate 1-3 times a week, get rid of that dead skin/sebum build up 😷
5. Coconut is great for your skin + removing makeup! (Use it wisely tho, could clog up your pores)
6. You can never go wrong with face masks!!! Treat yourself to a nice face mask every now and then
7. Cut toxic people out of your life and remember to moisturize daily
8. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE🙅🏽
9. In my opinion lush has the best skincare products, all organic and they’re cruelty free🐶
10. Change your pillow cases regularly if you don’t already
11. Sunscreen is your best friend, always apply before leaving the house to protect your self from harmful sun rays/premature aging🌞
12. I know y'all have things to do but get at least 7 hours of sleep to rejuvenate your skin!
13. Pat your face dry instead of rubbing when using a towel.
14. Listen to music and chill and try to keep the stress minimal, this will do wonder for your skin
15. Rose water is bomb for your skin and the scent is a bonus 🌹
16. Your skin is an organ so it will reflect the state of your insides, eat beneficial foods and drink plenty💧💦🍎🍉🍓🍒
07.01.17 / study mode on!! 10 hours daily has been the standard and it’s still not enough to get the results i’d like, but given how much effort i’m putting into it it’s definitely enough to soothe my conscience.
Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil // Feels luxurious and removes my makeup wonderfully
Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover (not pictured) // I use this to remove stubborn eye makeup that didn’t come off completely in step one
Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser // Gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip my skin, but I don’t think its worth the price
Biologique Recherche Lotion p50 1970 // Exfoliating toner that makes my skin glow
Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil // Just began trying this out, clears the congestion in my skin (but smells nauseating)
belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb // Perfectly moisturizing for my dryer skin during winter months
Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil // Literally transformed my oily skin to normal skin. Once I began using a drop or two mixed with my moisturizer, I no longer wake up with an incredibly oily forehead and nose
Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Spot Treatment (not pictured) // I place this only on my pimples, it works but I’d like to try a different spot treatment once I use up this one
Skin-care routine: BEFORE and AFTER makeup application
•I always start with cleansing my face. Right now I’m using the Aqua Marina Lush cleanser (which I really regret buying👎🏾)
*But I also use an artisanal all-natural soap after I use any cleanser.*
•I use Witch Hazel as toner with cotton pads after cleansing💯
•Then, to make my skin extra smooth for my makeup application I mask for 15 minutes with the Cup O’ Coffee ☕️ from Lush (this leaves my skin like a baby’s bottom, and my makeup look more flawless)
•After masking I apply Witch Hazel again (I love to tone lol) and I also spray my face with the Ole Henriksen Truth facial water 💦 (the orange 🍊 one)
•I then proceed to moisturize with my Belif Aqua bomb🌊
•SPF (If I know I’m going to take a lot of sun I use the TarteGuard☀️, but otherwise I skip this step because it makes me too oily)
*the purpose of the before care is to make my skin soft and ready for makeup*
•I remove my makeup with the Garnier Micellar water 💦 (this stuff is so amazing)
•I now started to use a cleansing oil after the micellar water (The Burt’s Bees 🐝 one I posted previously)
•And I cleanse my face with the same Lush product and artisanal soap
•after cleansing I like to exfoliate (right now I use the St.Ives Blemish control apricot scrub but I’m in the process of making my own scrub)
•I tone my face with the Witch Hazel✨
•and I apply the L'OREAL charcoal mask (detox and brighten😍)
*the point of the after care process is too take out all the makeup and gunk from my pores and make sure they’re squeaky clean*
I usually go to sleep after taking off my makeup so I then apply my nighttime products🌝🌚
I love steaming my face. It leaves my skin feeling soft, and
gives me a glow. Here is why you should steam your face too! Steaming your face will literally steam the Shit out of your face that you don’t want.
Increases blood circulation
Gets rid of toxins
Gives a skin a glow
Here are the directions:
Grab a pot and fill it with
Bring the water to a hot temperature
where you can see steam come from pot
Add any oils to the hot
You can either pour the water
into a bowl or leave water in pot
Lean your head over the pot
or bowl for 5-10 mins with a towel over your head
Exfoliate, tone and moisturize
Steam your face once or
twice a month
Please be careful while following these instructions
(note: everyones skin type/genes are different! this may not work 100% for everyone but this is what i do to maintain healthy skin!)
- stay hydrated. this is probably the most important one! not only does staying hydrated make you feel better and improve your health drastically, over time, your skin will feel more plump and smooth due to the boost in elasticity from the internal hydration.
- exfoliate! 2 -3 times a week!! this is also super important ! exfoliating takes away Dead and dry skin cells, leaving the fresh and new layer of skin beneath ! your skin will be glowy and clear, while unclogging your pores and reducing chances of acne as well
- moisturize ! a huge step that shouldn’t be missed. moisturizing will replenish your skin with needed nutrients and hydration. remember to use a moisturizer based on your skin type !
- use a gentle face wash. use one that isn’t filled w harsh chemicals that can dry out your fragile skin or cause irritation. remember that your facial skin is thin and needs to be handled gently !
- change out your pillowcase once a week! pillowcases can trap all kinds of nasties like dirt and oil. this causes acne and clogged pores! this will also reduce the excess oil on your scalp !
- use face masks. these can remedy a slurry of issues such as redness and puffiness. use one up to three times a week !!
- do a simple fav massage in the am! It helps circulation and reduces puffiness. with your fingertips, in circular motions, gently massage from your forehead all the way down your neck, focusing on your jaw and neck. 5 minutes is recommended but a quick sweep is ok too!
- find a routine that works best for you! going to a dermatologist is recommended, but for those on a budget, you can do tons of online research! your routine can be as simple or as complex as you’d like. and beforall, remember to tea new skincare items on a patch on your arm or neck!