- If you’re active on platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, then you may have seen posts baiting a user into saying “Hey Siri, 108.”
- Some say it enables a three-way FaceTime, while others promise something hilarious to happen.
- The “joke” is that saying “Hey Siri, 108” will instruct Siri to call emergency services for
you. The phone assistant will give users a five second time span to
cancel or make the emergency call.
- This prank is troubling because it uses resources that are vital for
others trying to receive help in real emergency situations.
- Roughly 240 million calls are made to 911 in the United States each year and placing prank calls can be considered a crime. Read more (3/17/17 11:59 AM)