Pokemon Special/Adventures Timeline
Ever since the HeartGold & SoulSilver chapter was revealed to come before the Diamond & Pearl chapter, the chronology of Pokemon Adventures/Special (from here on referred to as Special due to personal preference) has become a bit confusing. As such I saw it fitting to write a timeline of all the chapters to make things a little easier. Keep in mind that this is a general timeline. I will not be going into how many years have passed or anything like that, just the order of events. With that out of the way let’s get started.
- Red, Green & Blue: This is pretty self-explanatory. It is the first chapter of the manga.
- Yellow: It iis a clear sequel to Red, Green & Blue.
- Gold, Silver & Crystal: This is a clear sequel to Yellow.
- Ruby & Sapphire: Clearly takes place after Gold, Silver & Crystal due to Giovanni taking the remains of the Red and Blue Orbs at the end, which directly leads into FireRed & LeafGreen, which takes place when the characters are older than in Gold, Silver & Crystal.
- FireRed & LeafGreen: As previously stated, it’s a direct sequel to Ruby & Sapphire.
- Emerald: It is a clear sequel to FireRed & LeafGreen.
- HeartGold & SoulSilver: Based on characters’ ages it has to be after Emerald.
- X & Y: It comes after HeartGold & SoulSilver since Silver returned Rhyperior to Green.
- Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: It comes after HeartGold & SoulSilver since Giovanni has reclaimed control of Team Rocket and it comes after X & Y since Diancie appears and moved from Kalos to Hoenn in one of the side chapters.
- Diamond & Pearl: It comes after Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire since a young Diamond and Pearl are seen briefly in that chapter.
- Platinum: This is a clear sequel to Diamond & Pearl.
- Black & White: It comes after Platinum since Caitlin has gained control of her psychic powers by the time of this chapter, something she was struggling with in Platinum.
- Black 2 & White 2: It is a clear sequel to Black & White.
- It is currently unknown when the Sun & Moon chapter takes place but at the very least it likely takes place after X & Y if Zygarde, Sina and Dexio appear at any point since they all go to Alola at the end of X & Y. If Red and Green appear in the chapter like they do in the games we might get more information.
And that’s the Pokemon Special timeline. I hope this is useful or interesting to someone.