@chaoticreactions Okay here’s what I’m thinking:
- Alfor retires as the Champion after his daughter beats him and decides to follow his lifelong dream and becomes Professor of the region with Coran. As a strapping young man Alfor was equally good at both battling and research, but being Champion was a full-time job so he had a degree in Pokemon but he never got to use it :(
- And then Allura kicked his ass and he was like ‘I’m so proud of my daughter!!! Also thank you for releasing me from my contract lol’ and now he’s the Professor.
- Zarkon is a Big Business Man in Altea and, while Alfor was still Champion, Zarkon subtly manipulated his oldest friend into choosing loyal Team Galran members as the new Elite Four. Or maybe Zarkon converted the Elite Four over the years.
- The Elite Four are gonna be Sendak, Haggar, Thace, and any other Galran who had a speaking role. Thace is gonna betray Team Galra though don’t worry lol.
- Zarkon also convinced Alfor to choose new Gym leaders who are all really young, like Shiro and Matt and Shay. Zarkon’s reasoning was ‘ohhhh fresh blood will keep all the young ones motivated’ but in reality he wants Altea to be as badly defended as possible for when he enacts his Evil Plan. So… Lots of teenaged gym leaders lol.
- Because Pidge is the youngest, maybe she’s the ‘main character’ of this au? Like, we follow her travels and watch as Pidge meets up with the rest of the main cast.
- I really want to make Hunk/Lance/Keith also gym leaders but hmmmmm idk.
- Hunk and Lance are from the same town and are best friends
- Rolo and Nyma are Team Galra grunts but the Voltsquad convinces them to ditch Zarkon